Bonding Anterior Teeth

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have some wear on a couple of my anterior teeth .I hope this new dentist can fix them with this new technology.

My two front teeth on top were broken off in football practice when I was in high school. I lost the bottom half of each one. The dentist rebuilt them with "bond". It has worked pretty well and I've never gotten a bridge, though I probably should. Usually it lasts 10-15 years and then it will snap off and I have to get it redone. For less than $300 it's actually a pretty good deal, I think...

My two front teeth on top were broken off in football practice when I was in high school. I lost the bottom half of each one. The dentist rebuilt them with "bond". It has worked pretty well and I've never gotten a bridge, though I probably should. Usually it lasts 10-15 years and then it will snap off and I have to get it redone. For less than $300 it's actually a pretty good deal, I think...

Thats great zSpike! Bridges last a long timre but they have to destroy make knubs out of teeth on both sides to fix the one thats bad. Same thing for ccapped teeth.They cut away most of the tooth to put cap on.Once cap comes off usually pull the tooth.

Insurance is a two edged sword at times in medical field. Some see a problem others see a gold mine. The back alley bad piece of wwork I went to 30 years ago saw a gold mine. The thug sawed off 4 perfectly good teeth and put caps on them. 30 yr ago Blur Cros blue sheld was great dentsl insurance to my sorrow. I didn't even know the thug did what he did till I bit down on a rib in restaurant and temp caps came off. I was so mad and hurt all I could do was cry and wish killing the criminal wasn't illegal.He destroyed 4 perfecly good teeth and a pretty smile for $14,00 ! Always ask questions.

Anyway back to bonding, I think thats is the best thing to do in my case far as bottom teeth .

. Same thing for ccapped teeth.They cut away most of the tooth to put cap on.Once cap comes off usually pull the tooth.
I disaggree.
I still have a cap on one of my top front teeth.
I just knew I would accidentally knock it out and that would take away half of the work of getting it replaced with a new one.
Turns out, I was wrong.
brickwall100.gif

It's still there. Solid as ever. Despite every wrench I dropped on my face.
Guess how old it is?
47 years old.
Installed when I was 17. :oops:

I disaggree.
I still have a cap on one of my top front teeth.
I just knew I would accidentally knock it out and that would take away half of the work of getting it replaced with a new one.
Turns out, I was wrong.View attachment 60796
It's still there. Solid as ever. Despite every wrench I dropped on my face.
Guess how old it is?
47 years old.
Installed when I was 17. :oops:

Compared to healthy natural teeth is it better,maybe it is but we would have to see how long they last today, mine was 33 years old.

Reactions: Neb
Compared to healthy natural teeth is it better,maybe it is but we would have to see how long they last today, mine was 33 years old.
I had the other (natural) front tooth, next to the cap, reworked last week because of wear thru the enamel like in your first video. The outside enamel was worn down to paper-thin and had chipped.
That 47-year-old cap right next to it, no wear whatsoever, ageless, and obviously far better than the natural tooth.

I had the other (natural) front tooth, next to the cap, reworked last week because of wear thru the enamel like in your first video. The outside enamel was worn down to paper-thin and had chipped.
That 47-year-old cap right next to it, no wear whatsoever, ageless, and obviously far better than the natural tooth.

Can't argue with that except that whats left of the tooth inside the cap is not going to be in good shape.

I had bottom teeth that are worn, too. All my dentist did was put some of that white amalgam (the kind used to fill cavities) on the tops of the teeth and then gave it a shot of light with that UV gun. He then, did a bit of grinding to shape them. That was about 10 years ago and they are still just like new.

I had bottom teeth that are worn, too. All my dentist did was put some of that white amalgam (the kind used to fill cavities) on the tops of the teeth and then gave it a shot of light with that UV gun. He then, did a bit of grinding to shape them. That was about 10 years ago and they are still just like new.

Thats what I want,thanks for good news.

Can't argue with that except that whats left of the tooth inside the cap is not going to be in good shape.
Well of course not. But it won't be worn out.
Compared to walking around with a front tooth broke half off, for 47 years, how much do you think would be left of it today?
How far do you think that 'half-tooth' would have lasted?

Well of course not. But it won't be worn out.
Compared to walking around with a front tooth broke half off, for 47 years, how much do you think would be left of it today?
How far do you think that 'half-tooth' would have lasted?

Well who are you arguing with I already basically called 'give'.I'll see you on ailes 3 Mr as usual no shot so I'll still be in my best hazmet gear.

Well who are you arguing with I already basically called 'give'.I'll see you on ailes 3 Mr as usual no shot so I'll still be in my best hazmat gear.
ROTFLMAO!
@Meerkat going into the dentist office:
5e98df4315ea4b7ef839ef07

"C'mon, we've got some 'bonding' to do!":waiting:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back