Book storage?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve always had a short attention span, perhaps that’s why I did so poorly in school.
I struggle with this as well. You might have ADD or ADHD. It is not uncommon. I used to get in trouble in school when it was my turn to read and I had no idea where everyone else was reading. In second grade, my teacher called on me and I think the class was on page 12 and I was on page 50. She had me stay in after school and I was in trouble. Even my friends were embarrassed for me.

If you were in doubt, you could run a center stinger. (Assuming you were having the stairs made new ;))
36 inches Long on 3/4 inch broad, you can stretch to 48 inches without stinger.
If you want a wider shelf you need a hard wood like oak & a thicker shelf 1 1/2 (2") should be 48 inches.
Some shelves are 3 inches thick, but that is for looks not strength, the extra load bearing is a plus.
Stingers should not be more than 3/4 of the depth of the shelf, also Dato cut on all side will work like a stinger.
NOTE: This is old info & may need up dated in the last ten year, but it was true when I worked in wood working.

I struggle with this as well. You might have ADD or ADHD. It is not uncommon. I used to get in trouble in school when it was my turn to read and I had no idea where everyone else was reading. In second grade, my teacher called on me and I think the class was on page 12 and I was on page 50. She had me stay in after school and I was in trouble. Even my friends were embarrassed for me.
I'm just glad I was young enough to be in school before they drugged the "S" out of you for that stuff :(. I got off with some speech therapy and "individualized" instructions :)

You should have been encouraged for being that far ahead. I always loved reading and would get far ahead of where we we suppose to be. Never got in trouble for it though

Latest posts

Back