Boot and boot inserts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Kind of an odd question but I must have funny feet or it's just my back being screwed up. It is hard for me to find a real comfortable pair of boots. Finally I found a pair made by under armour that were like wearing slippers all day even after 16-20 hours. I wear a wellington boot and love the ones I have but they are no longer waterproof and starting to fall apart after a few years of daily wear. Over the last year I have bought six pair of boots and broke them in only to find they still don't compare to my old ones. Some are bulky, some have no padding and some just plain hurt after a day. Now onto my newest pair, they are made by Muck and seem to be closest to my old ones so far. Mucks run large so I have a little extra room in the boot than I am used to and I could use a little more cushion so I would like to find a good pair of insoles that are not gonna slip around and get uncomfortable or bunch up. That and I already have well over a grand worth of boots I don't wear and don't want to trail and error it so much. Anyone have any advice?

Heavy wool socks! Put your cotton socks on and use heavy wool socks over them to take up the extra space. I have used about every insole made and they all slide around and get bunched up. None of them have worked for me.

You really won't find a good pair of insoles at places like walmart or CVS. I have foot issues and need inserts to prevent tendonitis in my ankles. I didn't go to the podiatrist to get new inserts after I wore the others from her out, I go to places like Dick's or one of the chains that provide athletic wear. It's been two years since I got the ones I'm using now and have no issues to this day with movement or bunching.

I have a pair of Danner Acadia's and a pair of Original SWAT Metro Air's. Both are very comfortable for duty use.

I am very particular about what types of boots I wear. My feet are pretty sensitive and I have odd arches. I found that 5.11 ATAC boots are the most comfortable for me to wear, especially if I'm going to be on my feet for long periods of time.

They're well made and last quite a long time. They come in 6" or 8" heights, with or without a side zipper, and come with a variety of other options as well such as blood borne pathogen resistance. You'll pay a bit over $100.00 for a pair but I think it's worth it. I absolutely love these boots and recommend them all the time.

I have muck mud boots and the pair I just got are Muck brand wellington boots. So far it's been about a week and they are pretty darn comfortable. I still want to try an insert just to see if it makes them better

Hey Chris are those under armor boots you have the "Valsetz" model, that looks kind of like a combat boot with a flat sole? I've tried those on, they're very light and comfortable...

No, mine are a rancher type boot. These are about 4 years old now, love everything about them. They are super light and like wearing slippers from day one and were only about 140 bucks.
151345256714982218643.jpg

A little update, I was at tractor supply and they had Peak brand boot inserts so I bought a pair. They were only 10 bucks so I figured why not. I got their thickest pair of fancy this and that. Pulled out my boot inserts and put them in their place. They are pretty comfy but after two days take a look at the pic. I don't see them lasting any sort of time.
20171220_100852.jpg

Latest posts

Back