Boy did Japan get nailed by that typhoon (hurricane to us)....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
And Puerto Rico thinks they have it bad! Japan really got nailed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50032170

_109213283_0b81b558-ff28-408b-8a23-e2e723993402.jpg

I am shocked that the earthquake ready country of Japan had so much damage from a Typhoon.
It's not like it is unusual for typhoons to hit the area and I would have expected them to have building codes to match the threat.

The fault line is 50 miles off the coast, under a thousand feet of water. (just like Cascadia)

I am shocked that the earthquake ready country of Japan had so much damage from a Typhoon.
It's not like it is unusual for typhoons to hit the area and I would have expected them to have building codes to match the threat.

You'd think so....but apparently not.

Well the dead count is up to 30... what a mess.

Well the dead count is up to 30... what a mess.
Amazing how it was completely ignored by the MSM.
Must not have been important:rolleyes:.
BBC News said:
"Some areas of Japan saw up to 40% of their average rainfall in just a few days.
In the town of Hakone near Mount Fuji more than 1m (3ft) of rain fell on Friday and Saturday, the highest total ever recorded in Japan over 48 hours.
The rain also hit farming with fields and warehouses inundated.
"We never had a flood like this before," one farmer, in Higashi Matsuyama city, northwest of Tokyo, told AFP."
_109205449_bd9b4193-34d0-4a9f-acfd-1a3d9efeffec.jpg

_109205327_b0dd33ff-c917-496a-b003-2811b6b71159.jpg

@Terri9630 , your link is dated September 7, 2018. Is that last year's news article?
Good info, because even though I remember the typhoon, I don't remember the earthquake.

Didn't notice that. I heard it on the radio and googled it. I'll have to look it up.

That's freaking crazy.
I guess if the fault line was 50 miles offshore and the eye of the typhoon passes over it, it's likely it moved the ocean enough to disturb it:
CBS News said:
"It made landfall Saturday southwest of Tokyo shortly after an earthquake shook the area. The U.S. Geological Survey said the magnitude 5.3 quake was centered in the ocean off the coast of Chiba, near Tokyo."

Latest posts

Back