Brave browser?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Anybody using the Brave browser? How is it. Easy to use? Does it do well on a PC as opposed to a phone? Any glitches?
I read an article where Firefox is going to start censoring conservatives through their browsers so its time to ditch FFox and find something else.
I also have Opera because some websites give me fits on FFox and not on Opera ( its been going on for years now :rolleyes:)
Heres the article link:
https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-01...nsor-conservatives-browser-deplatforming.html
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
An old time cyber friend who left us to go elsewhwree a couple years ago advised me to go with Opera,used it every since, but I don't know anthing much about the internet other than what I read.

I can't answer your question but thanks for the link. I was mentioning that the other day and couldn't find it again.

I decided to give it a whirl. So far, so good. If it works OK, I'll nuke FF.

I’ve already transferred everything to Brave. Im finding brave far better.
This is slightly ironic for those of us that have been playing the game from the beginning.
Mozilla and Firefox were born from the 'browser wars' when people discovered they were being lead around by the nose with Microsoft Internet Explorer, and switching to Google Chrome just meant being lead around by the nose by a different big company.
Firefox was created by angry users as an open-source, user-funded browser, to free people of the control of big companies.
Ask yourself: "Does anybody use big-brother Microsoft Internet Explorer anymore?" No.
Mozilla/Firefox will join them on the trash-heap if they forget their roots and join the enemy.:waiting:
Just ask @Guardian .
How long did it take for you to send Firefox into oblivion?
Just minutes.

Last edited:
Opera is another browser that started out with good intentions. It got bought up by (I think) a Chinese company. Now, it's a bloated mess. The same author has come out with a new free browser called Vivaldi (which I will be trying out very soon.)

Just pay attention to current offerings and switch browsers as required.

By the way, I am unsure if gmail accounts might come under scrutiny, so I set up a free account with protonmail.com which I would switch to, if need be.

This is slightly ironic for those of us that have been playing the game from the beginning.
Mozilla and Firefox were born from the 'browser wars' when people discovered they were being lead around by the nose with Microsoft Internet Explorer, and switching to Google Chrome just meant being lead around by the nose by a different big company.
Firefox was created by angry users as an open-source, user-funded browser, to free people of the control of big companies.
Ask yourself: "Does anybody use big-brother Microsoft Internet Explorer anymore?" No.
Mozilla/Firefox will join them on the trash-heap if they forget their roots and join the enemy.:waiting:
Just ask @Guardian .
How long did it take for you to send Firefox into oblivion?
Just minutes.

Exactly. I was already unhappy with how the browser was. The latest events made the final decision.

Opera is another browser that started out with good intentions. It got bought up by (I think) a Chinese company. Now, it's a bloated mess. The same author has come out with a new free browser called Vivaldi (which I will be trying out very soon.)

Just pay attention to current offerings and switch browsers as required.

By the way, I am unsure if gmail accounts might come under scrutiny, so I set up a free account with protonmail.com which I would switch to, if need be.

I think we are learning things from this at least. Gmail handles only my junk mai. Proton has been a decent platform to date.

I didn't have any problems. Wish I knew something to suggest.
I'd bet money that the website is really busy.
...And of course, you have to go there with a competitor browser to download it.
They may be "protecting" you from harmful content :rolleyes:.
(meaning it could harm their pocketbook)

Just wanted to add a few small details after checking back on the subject. Understand, I have been with FireF for years. While not them directly from what I can tell, the underlying company made a choice. I have as well.

t1.pngT2.png

And by the way, they hide and are afraid of open communication. They stir the pot yet are too afraid to step out and talk about it. Sad really. This is where we are.

Just installed Brave about 3 minutes ago.
No problem importing from FF. When it first starts up, it'll run you through a couple screens asking how you want it initially configured.