Breadfruit

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
@Peanut , we watched Mutany On The Bounty and its the first time I really paid any attention to breadfruit.Captain Bligh was sent to the south seas to get this breadfruit to prevent famines,wonder if it could be used in the deep south here?

I was out wondering some back roads with a friend about 40 years ago & this friend took me to an old house here in S.C..
The house was in a feild which is planted every year & the house, a few trees looked like an island in a sea of dead weeds & soybeans.
This bread fruit tree was growing there & he wanted to know what it was.
I knew a lot about plants, but never saw anything like it, years later I heard it was called bread fruit.

I was out wondering some back roads with a friend about 40 years ago & this friend took me to an old house here in S.C..
The house was in a feild which is planted every year & the house, a few trees looked like an island in a sea of dead weeds & soybeans.
This bread fruit tree was growing there & he wanted to know what it was.
I knew a lot about plants, but never saw anything like it, years later I heard it was called bread fruit.

S.C. it seems would not produce this tree.:huh:since it is suppose to be tropical but that is good news ,thanks Joel.

I goolged it & that what they say too.
But I swear that an round softball size fruit that is sectioned just like it, which was growing by the ramshacked house & the twisted & knotty tree was at least 40 years old. Maybe it is a cousin, but a few old timer told me they knew poeple who eat the fruit I described to them.
I tried to go back the next year, could not find the road, it is a housing development by now.

I goolged it & that what they say too.
But I swear that an round softball size fruit that is sectioned just like it, which was growing by the ramshacked house & the twisted & knotty tree was at least 40 years old. Maybe it is a cousin, but a few old timer told me they knew poeple who eat the fruit I described to them.
I tried to go back the next year, could not find the road, it is a housing development by now.

Your probably right ,it could be a different culture.

Latest posts

Back