Breakfast?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrambled eggs (2) with diced mushrooms, onions & black olives bits, two slices of bacon & coffee.
Once in a blue moon a few Pan Cakes.

When I start work early, I usually skip breakfast and stick to tea. On those days I start later, I can go for an omelette with my tea. Or a cheese sandwich. I love cheese sandwiches.

I love breakfast! Have supper leftovers sometimes. Hubby Is a granola bar or cereal person. I don't eat much lunch, slows me down while working, so breakfast has to be good!
I love leftover dinner for breakfast.
lately I’ve been on an oatmeal or grits binge for breakfast. Oatmeal if I want something in the sweet side and grits for savory. Cheesy grits. 🥰

I love leftover dinner for breakfast.
lately I’ve been on an oatmeal or grits binge for breakfast. Oatmeal if I want something in the sweet side and grits for savory. Cheesy grits. 🥰
I like having breakfast for dinner, and I do that at least once a week. 3 eggs, sausage patty, ham steak, or bacon, whole wheat toast with PB&J, and milk.

For my actual breakfast, I usually just have Kashi cereal or maybe a protein bar. Occasionally I'll have a ham and cheese sandwich with a glass of milk. Oh yeah, don't forget the coffee afterwards...😁

I like breakfast. Eggs over easy with toast and sausage is probably my favorite. I like all of the breakfast meats, and eggs cooked almost any way. I love bagels with cream cheese, and we have some excellent bagel shops close. I enjoy pancakes occasionally, but I have a bad habit of loading them up with syrup. That I really have to watch.

Today was grits and cinnamon bread. I like my grits with just butter and salt on them.

I've been doing more eggs and sausage lately. I scramble the eggs these days, because I have never mastered over easy, which is my favorite. I end up with tough fried eggs with a broken yolk. You can't mess up scrambled.

Very rarely I make waffles or pancakes. I don't know why I don't make these more often. They're not hard.

English muffins with just butter or bagels with strawberry cream cheese when I remember them.

One of my favorites is a McDonald's-like sandwich. We have a special cooker thing that has internal rings and heats top, bottom, and a slider in the middle. You put half an English muffin in, then a slice of Canadian bacon, then shredded cheese. Close the slider over that and drop an egg on top of the slider which serves as a mini-griddle (stab a small hole in the yolk). Add some salt and pepper. Top with the other half of the English muffin and close the top. After about three or four minutes, pull the slider out and everything drops down to the bottom. You can press your completed sandwich out. these things are really good! You could use other ingredients if you wanted - a sausage patty, biscuits, etc.

cooker.png

Last edited:
I make scrambled eggs when I want salsa on my eggs, change up. I rarely make pancakes anymore, never make toast unless I have fresh Italian loaf in the house.

I make eggs sunny side out of habit. A little trick, I crack my eggs in a bowl. Then use a forked to bust the egg white sack around the yolk. That way all the egg white gets done and the yolk is still runny.

One year I had 40+ hens. I couldn’t sale the eggs so one morning I decided to learn to flip them for over easy. I had a whole bucket of eggs. I stood there and flipped eggs until I got the hang of it.

Funny part, my big sheppard was thrilled at first, he got to eat the eggs I messed up. But after about 15 eggs he was looking at me with dread… “please don’t bust another one!”
biggrin.gif

I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast. If the wife has a bad morning I will fix her a simple omelet, just eggs and cheese.

I really like breakfast burritos, but I found the flour tortilla have a lot of calories :( so I just eat the filling.

I like breakfast. Eggs over easy with toast and sausage is probably my favorite. I like all of the breakfast meats, and eggs cooked almost any way. I love bagels with cream cheese, and we have some excellent bagel shops close. I enjoy pancakes occasionally, but I have a bad habit of loading them up with syrup. That I really have to watch.
Mmmmmm🙂

I'm not much of a breakfast person. Start with coffee. Later I usually have a slice of toast from home made bread, and once in a while a bowl of oatmeal.

This may be the craziest thing of all time, but the thing I miss the most about working from home, and not going to the office is the cafeteria. Who in their right mind misses cafeteria food, but they made GREAT breakfasts. Eggs cooked to order. Bacon and sausage, no ham. Biscuits and gravy. Hash browns. Pancakes. They never had any pastries, and the bagels were not very good, but everything else was great and very reasonably priced. I really miss that.

P.S. They made great oatmeal too. I can never make it at home the way they did.

Last edited:
This may be the craziest thing of all time, but the thing I miss the most about working from home, and not going to the office is the cafeteria. Who in their right mind misses cafeteria food, but they made GREAT breakfasts. Eggs cooked to order. Bacon and sausage, no ham. Biscuits and gravy. Hash browns. Pancakes. They never had any pastries, and the bagels were not very good, but everything else was great and very reasonably priced. I really miss that.

P.S. They made great oatmeal too. I can never make it at home the way they did.
Alright, I'm packing a bag and heading for Missouri, we're going to the cafeteria🍳🥓☕

Alright, I'm packing a bag and heading for Missouri, we're going to the cafeteria🍳🥓☕

I wish it was still open. With everybody working from home it is closed. It would be my pleasure to buy you breakfast.

Last edited:
I had a bowl of high protein cereal with a protein drink poured over it for breakfast at 0645. Then I had breakfast again at noon, two jumbo eggs over medium and two slices of ham steak. I aimed to have my minimum protein intake done at noon! In between the two meals I had about 24 oz of Guatemalan coffee. That's good stuff. When you finish the second cup you can feel your hair growing...😂

I had a bowl of high protein cereal with a protein drink poured over it for breakfast at 0645. Then I had breakfast again at noon, two jumbo eggs over medium and two slices of ham steak. I aimed to have my minimum protein intake done at noon! In between the two meals I had about 24 oz of Guatemalan coffee. That's good stuff. When you finish the second cup you can feel your hair growing...😂
Have to get it cut every other day? dancing chicken

Back