Building...opinions please!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're just grateful to have built what we have, the cost and quality of building materials have really gotten crazy. Our utility room is 10'X16', it's also our pantry, wife complains that the kitchen is too small, but I built far more cabinets than she has ever had before. My biggest issue is that I need to clear out the 12'X26' sun room, it's a mess due to when I had to move all the stuff that was in the living room to finish it, thankfully I have a storage container to put most of those things.

I think I finally narrowed it down to what we are going to build.
880 sq feet, 2 bedrooms, one will be used as an office and also house my treadmill. Should be simple enough we can do it ourselves. Easy to heat and cool, the solar + batteries we have already should be enough. We should get our sawmill here in the next few weeks, and will begin logging some of the property to clear space plus use it as wood for building!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1134801465/modern-cabin-house-20-x-44-880-sq-ft?ref=cart
I like it! The simplicity of the layout makes me think it will "flow" well as far as function goes. Good find!

Add to the cost of your shed a foundation, electrical, water, heat and sewer. Then the occupancy permit and other things required by code.

Also insulation for most places since it will be hot or cold. Even in montana you can't just plunk something down and live in it just anywhere. Two weeks at a time on forest service land and then you have to move a considerable distance away.
Somebodies back yard maybe but anybody with hookups charges $500 around here.
I bought what i consider a nice little house for $16K, its a 31 ft minnie winne with lots of storage, heat and AC, on board water, grey water and black water. Generator and a couple of deep cycle batteries which I can charge with my panels. Less than 60K miles and owned by a old couple who maintained it flawlessly.
It is normal and customary to have a RV parked alongside the garage or out back where I live. It also is easy to shift around in the forest as well.

Latest posts

Back