Bulk quantities of metal electrical face plates. ???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am about ready to finish up the electrical on my house. I want metal face plates, needed for everything outlets and switches, most are toggle switches, some decora, a few combinations. I just want simple, plain style, preferably in white. I just started checking online with Home Depot but they don't have all the different covers I need for the various plugs or switch combinations.
Any suggestions for an online supplier with a good variety of inexpensive face plates?
Thanks in advance.

HD doesn't offer the cheap white metal plate for a GFCI outlet and regular outlet combination. I may have to just replace those 2 regular recepticals with a decora outlet and go with the 2 gang decora face plate.
But, they don't have all the quantities I need in the store and it wont let me order beyond the quantity they have headed to the store. That doesn't make sense to me.

McMaster-Carr

McMaster-Carr is my ace in the hole. They keep about 700K items in stock. Anything hard to find... they will have it. They aren't cheap but if you can't get an item elsewhere....

And if the electrical world and electronic worlds overlap...

https://www.mouser.com/

I've had good luck with "Mouser". They sell top quality parts.

Last edited:
McMaster-Carr

McMaster-Carr is my ace in the hole. They keep about 700K items in stock. Anything hard to find... they will have it. They aren't cheap but if you can't get an item elsewhere....

And if the electrical world and electronic worlds overlap...

https://www.mouser.com/

I've had good luck with "Mouser". They sell top quality parts.
If we are expanding to other good sources...

Digikey for electronics

MSC for tooling and materials.

Ben

We have a very good supplier here in the PNW, Grover's Plumbing and Electrical, it's where we've gotten most of our plumbing and electrical stuff for our home and solar wiring, but even they have some supply problems due to the high demand of hemp and pot growers.

Reactions: Neb
Thank you all. I have decided to settle for the cheap metal face plates from Home Depot. The two configurations they do not have are in areas that don't really matter, like the laundry and the garage. I like them so I am not really settling, just having to accept a small compromise on a couple items.

Latest posts

Back