Burger trimming

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At home, I go for very basic: Meat, bun, provolone cheese. Big, thick meat patty, cooked medium, otherwise it dries out and I have to add mayo or ketchup to moisten it up. A side of potato chips or mac-n-cheese (usually that cheap blue box Kraft stuff). Sometimes a salad.

At restaurants, I usually go for: Meat, bun, onion, lettuce, tomato, pickles, mayo, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, swiss cheese and fries or a salad. Occasionally onion rings instead of fries.

Isn't that interesting, all beef, but only 80% beef. No wonder I don't care for many burgers. I wonder what it is exactly that they do add with the 20%. I would not be surprised if there isn't a bunch of soy in that, something I avoid like the plague. No wonder so many burgers do not have that tasty brown edging that is so tasty.
The 80% beef is 20% fat. 93/7 7 % fat. Just how its mixed. Higher fat usually sticks together better for a burger. I like 90/10 myself.

Latest posts

Back