Businesses Closing

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading more about the Aldi stores there seems to be a common thread with the stores that are closing, “repeated burglaries, property damage, and poor sales performance,”. I think that they are of the mindset that if the neighborhood isn't safe, it isn't worth trying to keep a store there. Simply shut down and move on... Can't blame them on that one.

The Arby's here closed a few years ago.
One day they just locked the doors and that was it. No notice to the employs or community.
A Carl's Jr. opened in the building about a year later and they are never busy. I don't expect them to survive.
We did get a new Harbor Freight a few months ago.
Also got a new Popeyes.

Driving to TN on Monday I saw something troubling. Large numbers of commercial construction equipment sitting idle. A lot of large track hoe's and a few 200ft cranes. They were sitting at construction sites that looked abandoned. Clearly no work had been done in weeks. Couldn't get replacement parts?

The other thing I noticed was big trucks on the road running empty or bobtail. About one out of every 3 trucks I saw didn't have a load... hmm.

Latest posts

Back