BUY MY KNIFE..PLEASE>>>>

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
OK. So i am on FAKEBOOK and some Dude from Pakastan wants to sell me a Damascus knife
I told him I was not interested, I did not know him and frankly do not trust the transaction will be smooth
He messages me back. Brother I am a true man Trust me.
This went on for over a month. I kept saying NO he kept saying I should trust him.
SO. I flipped the script. In order to get rid of him, I told him. You send the knife then I pay.
OH OH. Suddenly he is not so trusting. LOL We go back and forth for over a month
Then one day He says OK. I trust you, I will send the knife
I said HOLD UP. Do not send ANYTHING but a Damascus knife that has been heat treated is hardened steel and will hold an edge.
OH YES YES MY BROTHER YOU TRUST ME
Ok. He ACTUALLY sent "A" knife
I looked at the knife and it is not Damascus You can see the last picture where I cut the knife with a file, It is not hardened
So, I contact him and tell him it is not Damascus nor hardened. I will not pay. if he wants it back, send funds for shipping

This dude is hotter than a fire cracker. LOL and I told him to shove it. i did not order it I aint paying for it

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 24
$100.00

i was willing t pay $100.00 for a 600 fold Damascus
when confronted with the fact it is not Damascus. he said this knife is better.
i laughed and said he does not have the privledge of being my woman and make choices for me
He thought a stupid American has no idea what Damascus is

I would have tested it a bit before jacking it, if it held an edge well it might have been worth 100$
As close as I can see it, it appears to be some kind of layered steel like the leaf springs used to be
back in the 70's, but it probably ain't Damascus. did you try any gun blue on it to see if anything highlighted?
it might have been a crappy polish job, it sure looks like it!

Paki made Damascus is cheap!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...pe=e&msclkid=313c9a0c93fc171f907af838f09ca0d0

Last edited:
You should have trusted your first instinct. You knew it was a bad idea from the start. You were right.

I would have tested it a bit before jacking it, if it held an edge well it might have been worth 100$
As close as I can see it, it appears to be some kind of layered steel like the leaf springs used to be
back in the 70's, but it probably ain't Damascus. did you try any gun blue on it to see if anything highlighted?
it might have been a crappy polish job, it sure looks like it!

Paki made Damascus is cheap!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...pe=e&msclkid=313c9a0c93fc171f907af838f09ca0d0

Their are 2 test that can be done to vet hardened steel. 1st is a ''ping'' test. hit the steel with steel and listen for a PING or a thunk. This blade thunks
the second is the file test. using a cheap wally world file. try and ''cut'' the hardened steel. If the steel laughs at you file and the file ''skips'' across the metal, it is hardened. If te file CUTS a grove in the steel, It is not hardened.
This blade did not ping and the file cut it so bad it needed a band aid

I offered him the opportunity to send me shipping return funds. I know that sounds chicken **** But I am standing on principles
I will not be out of pocket for his mistakes. He has a choice to make. Send the return monies or give up the knife. I am open to what ever HE decides

Morgan is 100% correct. My rip off alarm was going off the whole time. that is why i refused to pay first. NOW, lets hash this out. I can not for the life of me understand the dumbass sending a knife I did not order KNOWING he has not been paid yet. THAT FACT boggles my itty bitty mind. Then showing surprise that i balked. Do peoples from pakky land think we are so stupid as to just hand out money for anything they say it is?????

Our goal to spread American capitalism abroad is complete. . .and now we complain about foreign capitalists using aggressive techniques. We'll never be satisfied, will we? :)

Our goal to spread American capitalism abroad is complete. . .and now we complain about foreign capitalists using aggressive techniques. We'll never be satisfied, will we? :)
No problem with the sales tactic :)huge problem with the bait and switch a (1).gifwhich is illegal and not a form of capitalism

Could be worse. I have run into a couple foreign guys on FB, at least, back when I had an account. And each one of them were looking for an American wife so they could come to the States legally. Lol. My sister never encountered that and I--well, I don't know--I somehow attracted a lot of unwanted attention. Guess I'm too talkative or something. I would have prefered a knife over a suitor.

Morgan is 100% correct. My rip off alarm was going off the whole time. that is why i refused to pay first. NOW, lets hash this out. I can not for the life of me understand the dumbass sending a knife I did not order KNOWING he has not been paid yet. THAT FACT boggles my itty bitty mind. Then showing surprise that i balked. Do peoples from pakky land think we are so stupid as to just hand out money for anything they say it is?????
A klunk is junk, my scrap pile was full of them.
Pakis...hell, we just left them how many billion of our best military equipment in Afghanistan?
Of course we're made of money, we wipe our butts on hundreds and roll our weed in twenties.
Who's gonna throw them scraps after we're gone hmm? won't be Russia or China.

Look at this Frodo! I was admiring the job he did on the handles and something kept gnawing at me, I've seen those grips before!
He was trying to sell you one of these! I'm betting money he works at the plant and stole a model we haven't seen here yet.
https://www.budk.com/Timber-Rattler-Knives-3135Now I have to admit, I own a few of these, they're made of German AUS-48 Stainless steel, which holds a fair edge ONCE YOU PUT A PROPER EDGE ON IT!
I've had to re grind every one I ever bought, but once that was done, they cut like a decent Quality custom knife. I sawed a durafoam mattress in half with one
and it would still pop hairs of my arm in spots, durafoam is worse than cardboard for wrecking an edge, I'd buy them, but make sure of the metal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back