Buying Things You Can't Inspect

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
With all this online buying it is getting hard to find things you can see first.

I want that little wood stove but read some negative reviews. No way will I spend 500 $190 of it in darn S&H .:eek::mad: alone.

One review said the stove had a hole in it. I can just imagine the clowns that will be refunding, reshipping, having a blame party if they can even speak english. Poor things some of them sit on a bench in some third world being screamed at by some slave driver while taking complaints . I called and got rude once and then realized the man was under terrible working conditions, felt really bad. He was in India in a phone sweat shop . So now I don't take it out on them,but really hope that bird of paradise the masters enjoy flies up their nose.:angie:

Not a wood stove nowhere in florida . Say you have to order online.

I do almost all of my shopping online, but I comparison shop and I read reviews. I'm an extremely cautious online shopper, and I'm almost never disappointed.

Yea thats what my grand daughter said till she got the $60 non toxic cassarole dish I sent her in a 100 pieces. :cry:. And nobody did ti either. Store said it was shipping,shipping said it was store .

They can send it to you. We bought from Northern, sent to our farm in Kansas.
Ordered the Tile Floor Base from Tractor Supply and they sent that, too.
At least you'd get a good stove. Not one with a hole in it.

Thanks but no thanks, I ain't buying nothing that expensive I can't inspect first. I'll just look for on in Atlanta next visit. Or we can do the propane trick.

They can send it to you. We bought from Northern, sent to our farm in Kansas.
Ordered the Tile Floor Base from Tractor Supply and they sent that, too.
At least you'd get a good stove. Not one with a hole in it.

Amish I Wasn't being wise, just bad subject,:heart:

@Meerkat we buy most things online on eBay and I do have to say and have purchased large equipment as well and not had a problem. The larger items we always purchase from Australian dealers though. This way you have some comeback if it is a heap of do do you can contact the seller and work out an amicable solution there or if worst case scenario take up a case with eBay itself about the product. So far I have only had to take the complaint up with eBay once in 12 years as usually the sellers work out an amicable arrangement with me should it be a faulty item.

We have that same stove out in the shop. Works fine and we cook on it in the summer. Anything expensive should have shipping insurance. TS has a ship to store option. Have it shipped there and inspect it before you leave.

Not to Florida they don't. Online only. If I could paste I'd show yall they don't store wood burners down here. I know it is nuts but thats the way it is. I have looked everywhere.

Not to Florida they don't. Online only. If I could paste I'd show yall they don't store wood burners down here. I know it is nuts but thats the way it is. I have looked everywhere.

You order online and they ship it to the store for you to pick up. My aunt used to live in Ft Meyers and had TS order the chimney pipe for her stove.

Did yall see the number those nuts did on that mans stove?:angie: they beat the heck out of it. But guess what happens if you complain about the US Logstove made in china, yep thats right they start off lyin thru their teeth .
I don't feel lucky . :dunno:

You order online and they ship it to the store for you to pick up. My aunt used to live in Ft Meyers and had TS order the chimney pipe for her stove.

:D we can buy the pipe here just not the stove. My hubby worked sheet metal all his life so if it get much more :confused: we will just make our own. When he is feelng ok and having mild pain day. Or go to Ga. projects are not fun anymore.

I need a special water filter for our new well. No one in this area caries one. We can find them online, but for $1500 I want to look and touch! Nashville's only about 2 hours way so guess I'll check there.

Let me check in my local area, it might be a bit closer than Atlanta. Actually I know that TSC has had them here.

I'm having the same problem with a Loyal-Roth Manure Spreader MS23B ... I have called all the stores and no one has them in stock but they would be happy to order it and ship me one ~ blind, without seeing it. The reviews are good on the product but I'm still not sure.

We buy just about everything online. A big part of that is because we live in a very rural area and instead of settling for things we need, we can find exactly what we want online. And it is just easier for me to shop this way. Yes, sometimes a purchase is not what you thought it was. We purchased 10 brand new (we thought) solar panels from Missouri Wind & Solar and when we got them we found out they were used. They refunded a good part of that payment so we would agree to keep them. But we were not happy and will never purchase from them again. This year we purchased a small wood stove for the kitchen (wanted something to replace my old wood cook stove, but didn't want to spend a lot since we will get a new cook stove eventually, just at this time we could not afford it) and watched a video of it (we thought it was the same one) and when we got it found out it was not exactly the same one. My husband ordered it on Home Depot's website and picked it up at the local store. It works and heats good but not a great stove, in fact I am busy writing a review of it for my Solar Baby blog this week.

I always go by reviews when buying online. I wont buy anything I dont feel I can get enough info on

@katlupe Good pictures on the blog. You've got an awesome review on there. Just one word. Your name. :)

To tell you the truth I didn't actually write the review yet. But to post the photos of the stove on this forum, I had to publish the blog post because that is where I share my photos from to put here. I will get to it.

To tell you the truth I didn't actually write the review yet. But to post the photos of the stove on this forum, I had to publish the blog post because that is where I share my photos from to put here. I will get to it.
@katlupe I'm just ragging on you.

Latest posts

Back