By Way Of Introduction

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a pack of em, she was the pick of the litter though.

No offense, but there might just be anotherun in there that's a keeper.

Provided that there's any left that ain't spoke for are available, (gotta watch how you say things around the ladies.)... :D

Welcome from another newbie. Quite a story, sometimes living longer let's one accumulate some great experiences.
I am looking for info on growing as much as possible in our cold climate here in rocky mountain montana.
A girl beat me out of first place in the state of washington competition of poultry and egg judging a long time ago. Just ordered some chicks for this weeks delivery to generate some eggs and eat a few thousand grasshoppers this summer in our garden.
You probably remember real motorcycle people not the RUB's (rich urban bikers) that seem so prevalent today. I rode to sturgis the first time in 1969. I got into sidecars after a left turner got me, compound thigh fracture, crushed fused elbow and wrist, major face fracture and loss of sense of smell and about a dozen other fractures. Here is some real scooter trash. A dump run in the snow on my home built sidecar and kawi 1100.
motorcycle42.jpg

Welcome from another newbie. Quite a story, sometimes living longer let's one accumulate some great experiences.
I am looking for info on growing as much as possible in our cold climate here in rocky mountain montana.
A girl beat me out of first place in the state of washington competition of poultry and egg judging a long time ago. Just ordered some chicks for this weeks delivery to generate some eggs and eat a few thousand grasshoppers this summer in our garden.
You probably remember real motorcycle people not the RUB's (rich urban bikers) that seem so prevalent today. I rode to sturgis the first time in 1969. I got into sidecars after a left turner got me, compound thigh fracture, crushed fused elbow and wrist, major face fracture and loss of sense of smell and about a dozen other fractures. Here is some real scooter trash. A dump run in the snow on my home built sidecar and kawi 1100.View attachment 84725
That is so cool!

I had a friend wipe out on a gravel road with major road rash with imbedded gravel when I was 16. That was enough to keep me off two wheels with multiple HP and a high center of gravity.

Call me a wimp. I'm cool with that.

I did acquire a quad a few years ago which is as close to a motorcycle as I will get. It was a steep learning curve! I was getting used to the clutch brake shift throttle by practicing in my backyard doing 3-point turns. I was doing ok until...

I baked into my back porch knocking out a section of the wall. Bummer.

Well I was going knock that wall out anyway.

I don't trust myself. Nobody else should.

Ben

You probably remember real motorcycle people not the RUB's (rich urban bikers) that seem so prevalent today. I rode to sturgis the first time in 1969. I got into sidecars after a left turner got me, compound thigh fracture, crushed fused elbow and wrist, major face fracture and loss of sense of smell and about a dozen other fractures. Here is some real scooter trash. A dump run in the snow on my home built sidecar and kawi 1100.View attachment 84725
Welcome to camp nomad! grab a cold one and side up to the fire!

Greetings from far north west Canada...
I guess you could call me "bush savage"... Pretty much a lot of the same definition as "scooter trash" just different location...

Like Tirediron says, up here we will be lucky if there isn't snow in May this year..

Welcome from the PNW, glad you are here and look forward to reading your posts.

I don't ride at all, my parents rode Harley's back in the day - 60s - and my dad put the fear of God Into me with all of his stories of accidents, etc (much like the one you talked about). He t-boned a car at 30ish MPH and rolled into a ditch, no helmets back then. They lived on the road, riding in MT, Dakotas, etc.

I figured as much, but a fella's got to try... :p

Not the broken-down part... The wife part.

Maybe she's got a sister?

Okay, I'll stop now, Chicks don't dig it if you appear too needy. ;)
@Wyatt

Are you still here?

I enjoyed your input.

Ben

Latest posts

Back