Cancer Weed

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Today I noticed Lyre-leaf sage, (Salvia lyrate) aka cancer weed, blooming on the sides of the road. It’s a native plant in the mint family. It grows from Florida to Texas to Missouri to Connecticut, the entire southeast and then some.

In folk medicine it was used to treat skin cancer, skin sores and boils as a poultice. It’s also edible. It has a pleasant minty flavor, fresh young leaves are edible in salads, or cooked as pot herb

It’s one of three similar plants that were used to treat skin issues. When the other plants bloom I’ll add their photos to this thread.

The blooms are actually more purple than they appear in the pic. Not sure why they look so white. The bottom pic is of the leaves at the bottom of the stems.

Lyre-leaf sage (1)_v1.jpg
Lyre-leaf sage (2)_v1.jpg

How does it treat skin cancer or other skin issues? This is interesting.

I couldn't answer your question. Non of the modern writers use it. The details are probably in a few very old books that I don't own. The man who told me about this plant and the other two similar plants has a large library of herb and medical books going all the way back into the 1700's.

The only thing I know is the procedure. The leaves are crushed then held against the skin with a cloth or other wrapping, a basic poultice.

I am a cancer survivor because of CBD. I had breast cancer (stage 4) and I don't know how will I be cured but this friend of mine told me to try the CBD, at first I did not believe because my doctor doesn't allow me to take some cannabis as a medicine and this is a fake medicinal treatment. But I read this https://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/blogs/marijuana-news/cannabis-as-medicine that it really helps others that's why I tried it but I did not tell my doctor about it. So I take this for 11 months and it really helps me a lot. I know that others won't believe me but trust me it really does.

That is wonderful. Congrats Mich, I hear that apple and apricot seeds help too. I always chew up my apple pear seeds when I eat apples or any other fruit but especially the apple seeds.

Latest posts

Back