Canine Officer Gone..

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dogs are so loyal. I know that policeman is very sad.
We have a real old dog and it will be hard to see her go. She is a large dog and 17 which really old fro large dogs. Vet can't believe she is still around and he gave her to us when she was a puppy.

I can't think of any creature that deserves to live as long of a life as us humans. Without dogs we would be so much less as a species.

I can't think of any creature that deserves to live as long of a life as us humans. Without dogs we would be so much less as a species.
So true. People don't realize how much they have helped us and without them we would have struggled way more than we did. My dogs are my best friends and my most valued tools.

Hardest thing I ever had to do was to put down my partner.
k9.jpg

Hardest thing I ever had to do was to put down my partner. View attachment 711
Ah man im sorry you had to deal with that! But im willing to bet the good times were great and you wouldn't trade them for anything. The look on the human officer's face about made me cry. The poor guy was a mess and he was trying to hide it. Poor guy, hope he comes out of this ok... Oh and thank you for sharing that!

Thanks for posting this @Redbeard. There are many service animals in this world, to include police and military K9's, do that do not get the respect and recognition they deserve.

When I was young my Dad raised black & yellow labs. When I was 9 my black lab died and I asked why she couldn't live as long as I did. He responded that he believed that God gave dogs a shorter life span so we could be reminded over and over what unconditional love is. Otherwise we humans quickly forget. A few yeas ago when our oldest Rottie passed away I found myself saying that same thing to a (then) 7 year old girl who saw that dog as her very best friend in the world. Here they are together when she was just a baby, giving the dog kisses. The two were nearly inseparable.

82.JPG

Thanks for posting this @Redbeard. There are many service animals in this world, to include police and military K9's, do that do not get the respect and recognition they deserve.

When I was young my Dad raised black & yellow labs. When I was 9 my black lab died and I asked why she couldn't live as long as I did. He responded that he believed that God gave dogs a shorter life span so we could be reminded over and over what unconditional love is. Otherwise we humans quickly forget. A few yeas ago when our oldest Rottie passed away I found myself saying that same thing to a (then) 7 year old girl who saw that dog as her very best friend in the world. Here they are together when she was just a baby, giving the dog kisses. The two were nearly inseparable.

View attachment 713
That's a great pic! Humans could definitely take notes from dogs on what loyalty and love really is!

Most scientists believe that dogs were once wolves (probably gray wolves, but they still argue about that) who were "domesticated" by early humans up to 25-30 thousand years BCE. Now they are beginning to say that the "domestication" went two ways; we have also "evolved" in that many of us seem to carry a newer gene which reacts emotionally positive to a dog-pheromone but not to any pheromone of other animals.

I'm certainly not a molecular biologist or a paleoanthropologist; just an old retired guy who works on a little homestead.

But I know I'm a better man for having these wonderful animals into my life.

Latest posts

Back