Caribou, Is This Where You Fish

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to provide the definition of boat but was beaten to it.
I have a 16 foot canoe that I have had in salt water, Puget Sound, fresh water Lake Washington, Cedar River. I have put $5 in repairs to one of the paddles and enjoyed the heck out of it. The sound was a great learning experience. Most salt water enthusiasts have little patience for a canoe an it is important to stay out of ferry and shipping lanes. The really big boats ALWAYS have the right of way!:eyeballs:
I did learn how to make the wind help to get me where I was going.:rolleyes:
You have to yield right of way to aircraft, landing or taking off. Who thinks about airplanes while paddling a canoe around a lake?:dunno::eek:
I don't like canoes. Somehow I have a tendency to get wet whenever I use one...

Ha ha ha! Some canoes are more prone to making you wet but mine has a flat bottom so it tends to be very stable unless you are in rough water. Nothing with a 30 inch beam is stable in rough water, you have to ride it properly or get wet. Salt water and rivers are good places to find out how to ride a canoe...
Those lessons are not always pleasant but they will force you to learn.

There's a guy out here who lives in a boat. If the desert ever floods he'll be the only one not worried, as long as it actually floats.
Oh yes, NM beach property waiting for CA to slip into the sea. What a pleasant thought.

I will take anything.in a boat. Only scare that I have had was in Dutch Harbor, AK.

I had a 24 foot Carolina Skiff and was going to go down the coast to another small bay. Rounded the end of the island and the wind picked up the boat and turned it 90 degrees to the right. I turned the wheel to the right and went back to the dock.

Another time fog rolled in and I had to navigate home by the sound of the waves crashing in the rocks.

Oh yes, NM beach property waiting for CA to slip into the sea. What a pleasant thought.

You never know, it could happen....

He said he bought it with the intention of living on the lake but after a few dry years the lake was down to a river so he bought some land here to stay on temporarily and just never left.

Latest posts

Back