Carrot harvest 2020

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesY

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
this is all from one 4'x8' bed thats 12 inches deep. there's a little too much nitrogen in the soil this year from the compost but still had an ok harvest
20200606_092825.jpg
20200606_103958.jpg
20200606_184007.jpg

Very nice! We had an extremely slow start this year in northern Delaware. I had carrots and peas in early but they never germinated until late. Heck, the peas are just starting to get flowers!! They should be about done and I should be putting in beans where they are about now. The carrots are more than a month behind also, still nothing to the roots but the tops are looking good.

My carrots did nothing. No germination at all. I guess I should have spent money on new seeds.
My green onions are the same. A total bust.
It is interesting to me which seeds do well and which ones fail. I planted some beefsteak tomato seeds from 2015, and they did very well. I was surprised. Peppers from 2018, not so well.

It is interesting to me which seeds do well and which ones fail. I planted some beefsteak tomato seeds from 2015, and they did very well. I was surprised. Peppers from 2018, not so well.

Weedy sometimes its the seeds.I used some seeds I had in fridge for a few years then froze for a couple more uyears and they did ok. I almost threw them away instead of freezing them

Latest posts

Back