Cashless Society

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me any representation of wealth has to be recognized as wealth by the person I am trading it to for something they have.
...sealed bottle of store bought booze.......now you're talking.

..My thoughts, exactly..

liqtradepaks-jpg.277150
:cool:

...Rationale / my thoughts on 'How-to-Valuate', and Bottle-source links, here: https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/alcohol-prepping.14014/#post-394593 🤔

Fwiw..
jd

Xrp is a digital currency. My hair dresser was telling me about it 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thats why I was asking on here about all this digital crap.

i remember reading on the organic prepper to fit in to a point. if they are handing out cheese everyday, stand in line maybe once a week. If you dont and people see this, you are a prime target. I digress.

They must not be planning for a very long emergency. What are you suppose to do on the second day of the emergency?
$100 won't fill my gas tank.
You can carry $100 worth of groceries in one hand.
I wonder which government agency came up with this plan.

Just how minimum is up for debate among financial experts. Danielle Miura, CFP, the founder and owner of Spark Financials, suggested, “You should keep enough money on hand to get you a couple of gallons of gas, pay for a delivery tip, or to help in unfortunate events,” or around $100-$200 at a time. “Emergency funds should not be held at your home, they should be stored in a high-yield savings account of your choice.”

They must not be planning for a very long emergency. What are you suppose to do on the second day of the emergency?
$100 won't fill my gas tank.
You can carry $100 worth of groceries in one hand.
I wonder which government agency came up with this plan.

Just how minimum is up for debate among financial experts. Danielle Miura, CFP, the founder and owner of Spark Financials, suggested, “You should keep enough money on hand to get you a couple of gallons of gas, pay for a delivery tip, or to help in unfortunate events,” or around $100-$200 at a time. “Emergency funds should not be held at your home, they should be stored in a high-yield savings account of your choice.”
That is the exact excerpt when my eyes might have rolled to the back of my head 😂 for the reasons you mention. Also, cash transactions of any amount are far more difficult to track.

Gee, I disagree with yet another mainstream outlet. Why does that keep happening? :rolleyes:

Here's just another wrinkle to the whole cashless society. Perhaps they are trying this to see how well it goes over with people without losing a lot of business.

Chase locking up some ATMs at 5 p.m. due to NYC crime​

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/chase-locking-up-some-atms-at-5-p-m-due-to-crime
I actually think they are pushing 2 narratives here. One is that this is how you can handle the 'defund the police' platform problem. All you have to do is make things more difficult for the law abiding citizens. God forbid that NYC actually fund the police departments and quit tying the hands of their officers in controlling crime. :rolleyes:

The other narrative goes towards making cash more difficult to obtain. I think they want to get the population used to the idea that quick cash isn't available, making it easier for them to rollout the cashless society. Of coarse, there will have to be a catastrophic event to usher that whole system into existence. Gee, I can't wait to see what that will be.

I keep hearing more and more conversations about this topic. Clearly that is how the elites want to roll. I will keep fighting it every step of the way. Thankfully I don't use ATM's. I have my personal ATM that is open to me 24/7. It's not in my home, but it's close enough that it won't be an issue to get to it. This world seems to get crazier by the day, so my solutions to the crazy problems get crazier as well.🤪

When I lived in NY our bank had a glass-fronted room you entered before you could access the machine. Is this still the case? I can't imagine that being allowed here (the 5pm closing) - something to do with citizens rights to access their money.

When I lived in NY our bank had a glass-fronted room you entered before you could access the machine. Is this still the case? I can't imagine that being allowed here (the 5pm closing) - something to do with citizens rights to access their money.
"Their" new order aka push for communism doesn't include citizen's rights!!

Here's just another wrinkle to the whole cashless society. Perhaps they are trying this to see how well it goes over with people without losing a lot of business.

Chase locking up some ATMs at 5 p.m. due to NYC crime​

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/chase-locking-up-some-atms-at-5-p-m-due-to-crime
I actually think they are pushing 2 narratives here. One is that this is how you can handle the 'defund the police' platform problem. All you have to do is make things more difficult for the law abiding citizens. God forbid that NYC actually fund the police departments and quit tying the hands of their officers in controlling crime. :rolleyes:

The other narrative goes towards making cash more difficult to obtain. I think they want to get the population used to the idea that quick cash isn't available, making it easier for them to rollout the cashless society. Of coarse, there will have to be a catastrophic event to usher that whole system into existence. Gee, I can't wait to see what that will be.

I keep hearing more and more conversations about this topic. Clearly that is how the elites want to roll. I will keep fighting it every step of the way. Thankfully I don't use ATM's. I have my personal ATM that is open to me 24/7. It's not in my home, but it's close enough that it won't be an issue to get to it. This world seems to get crazier by the day, so my solutions to the crazy problems get crazier as well.🤪

Maybe I am on the other side of this issue, but I don't see this as a big deal. I am old enough to remember when banks closed at 3:00, and weren't even open on weekends. ATM's weren't even in existence. You planned to get to the bank when it was open. Period! It was that way for hundreds of years.

My mother worked as a "30 Hour Teller" She went in at 9:45 and was off at 3:30. On Fridays she worked until 5:00. Nobody ever complained. It was like any other retail establishment. They posted the hours, and you did business when they were open. IMHO people will adjust. No big deal.

Maybe I am on the other side of this issue, but I don't see this as a big deal. I am old enough to remember when banks closed at 3:00, and weren't even open on weekends. ATM's weren't even in existence. You planned to get to the bank when it was open. Period! It was that way for hundreds of years.

My mother worked as a "30 Hour Teller" She went in at 9:45 and was off at 3:30. On Fridays she worked until 5:00. Nobody ever complained. It was like any other retail establishment. They posted the hours, and you did business when they were open. IMHO people will adjust. No big deal.
"Banker's hours"!!

Banks and most all types of stores used to close early.
I remember when the first grocery store announced they would be open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. People thought that was nuts. Who in their right mind went grocery shopping in the middle of the night.
I'm old enough to remember when TV would start at 3 PM and go off at 11 PM with the playing of the National Anthem and the test pattern displayed till the started broadcasting the next day.

Maybe I am on the other side of this issue, but I don't see this as a big deal.
Death by 1,000 cuts. It always starts off small and morphs into something much bigger. It's the 'much bigger' part I'm worried about.

They posted the hours, and you did business when they were open. IMHO people will adjust. No big deal.
Well, that's kinda the point. Back then gas stations weren't open 24/7 either and people didn't run out of gas b/c they knew better. Heck, nothing was open 24/7 except the hospital. However, these days people aren't used to NOT having access to entertainment, food, gas, and cash at all hours. If they take away cash at 5pm, then what are people going to do? Either they plan ahead (not likely) or use an alternative method of payment.....which is the whole point. Get rid of the cash so that people will use, and get used to, using digital currency.

As stated, I don't use ATM's so this doesn't directly affect me. But, I see the implications of it down the road and those will most definitely affect me. This is how it starts......

Me either. We have already been living in a 95% cashless society for over 3 decades.
Everything I do today is digital, except for cash tips, or hiring the neighbor's kid to do some work. A hundred-bux of cash lasts me 3 months.
I think the only ones wailing are the ones that make income 'on the side' that they don't want the guvment to know about, and have to pay taxes on it :rolleyes:.

Me either.
I don't see any big deal either. I think the $20 bill that's currently in my wallet is the same one that's been there for the last two decades. I doubt I'd even remember how to use an ATM at this point.

Anyone who would attempt to use a NYC ATM in the first place must have a death wish.

I don't see any big deal either. I think the $20 bill that's currently in my wallet is the same one that's been there for the last two decades. I doubt I'd even remember how to use an ATM at this point.

Anyone who would attempt to use a NYC ATM in the first place must have a death wish.
I'll even pile on some more....
It goes back way further than 3 decades:oops:.
How many of you older people remember back when everybody had gas-station 'credit' cards?
You would fill up your car and hand them your Shell or Chevron card, they would put it in the 'munch&crunch' machine with the invoice on top and clank-clank.
At the end of the month, they would mail you a bill and you would mail them a check. :thumbs:
...Cashless and digital, even back in the 70's:oops::
credit_card_swiper.jpg

Last edited:
I see a difference between digital transfers and CBDC Biden bucks.

CBDC could be abused.

Need to slow down inflation?
Limit how much we can spend.

Nasty guns in the hands of citizens?
Prevent spending at gun stores.
Or
Track who spent money at the gun store.

Too many people driving gas powered cars?
Limit amount of money spent at gas stations.

People saving money?
Force negative interest rates so people spend their money while it is still good.

Putting more power in the hands of government is bad bad bad.

CBDC ( central bank digital currency) is an accident waiting to happen.

Ben

I see a difference between digital transfers and CBDC Biden bucks.

CBDC could be abused.

Need to slow down inflation?
Limit how much we can spend.

Nasty guns in the hands of citizens?
Prevent spending at gun stores.
Or
Track who spent money at the gun store.

Too many people driving gas powered cars?
Limit amount of money spent at gas stations.

People saving money?
Force negative interest rates so people spend their money while it is still good.

Putting more power in the hands of government is bad bad bad.

CBDC ( central bank digital currency) is an accident waiting to happen.

Ben
Totally agree, except accident. Its fully intentional

If the government were to start directly restricting what money we can spend and where we can spend it, I think there would be a rather large backlash. The current system that could easily be expanded to the credit card companies doing the restricting (under puppet string control by the government) would seem much more palatable to the government IMHO. Kind of like how Facebook, Twitter, et. al., restrict free speech per government "nudges".

If the government were to start directly restricting what money we can spend and where we can spend it, I think there would be a rather large backlash. The current system that could easily be expanded to the credit card companies doing the restricting (under puppet string control by the government) would seem much more palatable to the government IMHO. Kind of like how Facebook, Twitter, et. al., restrict free speech per government "nudges".
CBDC are in a testing phase now!

If the testing goes well it is just a matter of time.

What is not known is how people react when goes official.

Ben

Me either. We have already been living in a 95% cashless society for over 3 decades.
Not me.
I think the only ones wailing are the ones that make income 'on the side' that they don't want the guvment to know about, and have to pay taxes on it :rolleyes:.
MYTH! That's what they want everyone to think but it is NOT true. It's most definitely not my issue. I like my privacy. I like choices. I like freedom. I don't like tyrannical government. THAT's why I'm 'wailing'. :rolleyes: If you can't see where this is heading, then I just really don't know what to tell you. But, I will not give in without a 'wail' of a fight!

As far as taxes are concerned. How about an easy fix on that? How's about we get rid of income tax all together. There.....fixed. And even then.....Yes, I'd still have a huge problem with forced government digital currency. If you think the FED is bad (and I do), just wait until they get their hooks into your bank and IRA accounts. Just ask those in Cyprus if that can happen.

Not me.

MYTH! That's what they want everyone to think but it is NOT true. It's most definitely not my issue. I like my privacy. I like choices. I like freedom. I don't like tyrannical government. THAT's why I'm 'wailing'. :rolleyes: If you can't see where this is heading, then I just really don't know what to tell you. But, I will not give in without a 'wail' of a fight!

As far as taxes are concerned. How about an easy fix on that? How's about we get rid of income tax all together. There.....fixed. And even then.....Yes, I'd still have a huge problem with forced government digital currency. If you think the FED is bad (and I do), just wait until they get their hooks into your bank and IRA accounts. Just ask those in Cyprus if that can happen.
Fear not, so many crooked politicians receive their 'under-the-table' payments in cash, it ain't goin' nowhere fast. :thumbs:
They are not about to cut off the hand that makes their yacht payments.;)
Just like banning legislators from buying stocks that they are pushing legislation that will affect it....
That's where their money comes from. :)
Not gonna happen.

Wow, just wow. The folks advocating for a cashless society have not been paying attention - At all!

Can any of them think back, not all that long ago, to Canada and the convoy folks? How did the Govt having easy access to their electronic money supply work out for them? And how did another Govt ever find out just who spent any money in or near DC a little while ago on a certain January date? Ever hear of a place called China and something called a Social Credit Score?

Yeah, you are right. It would never happen here, that is all tin foil hat conspiracy theory stuff! OUR government has our best interests at heart, they would never use any power like that over us, would they?

You will own nothing and be happy.

I went to culinary school in NYC. If I needed cash, I would buy something at Duane Reed (local drugstore) and get cash back.

I still do that at work. Buy a bottle of water every morning and get cash back. Use the front store as my "bank."

Wow, just wow. The folks advocating for a cashless society have not been paying attention - At all!

Can any of them think back, not all that long ago, to Canada and the convoy folks? How did the Govt having easy access to their electronic money supply work out for them? And how did another Govt ever find out just who spent any money in or near DC a little while ago on a certain January date? Ever hear of a place called China and something called a Social Credit Score?

Yeah, you are right. It would never happen here, that is all tin foil hat conspiracy theory stuff! OUR government has our best interests at heart, they would never use any power like that over us, would they?

You will own nothing and be happy.
I forgot to add my favorite part to the above!

All that digital data will be safe. IT is on The Cloud, THE CLOUD!! Lol!! Only you will be able to access it from absolutely anywhere, but it is locked up safe from anyone else ever accessing it! THE CLOUD! Lol!!

If it is digital and accessible by any network, ANYONE can access it, anyone from anywhere. The only way digital data can ever be safe is if it is on your computer, and your computer alone and that computer has no way to communicate with any outside source, like an old 486-50 or something with no modem. And even then, if it is plugged into the electrical grid, I would suspect someone will be able to find a way into it!!

No amount of encryption or whatever safeguard you want to put on it, will keep it safe, none. There are evil people who spend their whole lives proving folks who say things are safe, wrong. And ya know what? Those evil folks always seem to win! 😊 Ask the billion dollar companies who spent untold amounts of money trying to keep data safe and still seem to have those evil folks find a way in to steal it.

Fear not, so many crooked politicians receive their 'under-the-table' payments in cash, it ain't goin' nowhere fast. :thumbs:
Yes, it's the crooked politicians I'm talking about. They don't care about a cashless society b/c they will be immune to the rules that control the rest of us....just like they are now. Even if they are guilty of manipulating the system for their own pockets (using cash or traceable transactions), they won't be prosecuted. They don't need cash, so they are going to make sure nobody else can use it either, which just tightens their control.
They are not about to cut off the hand that makes their yacht payments.;)
Just like banning legislators from buying stocks that they are pushing legislation that will affect it....
That's where their money comes from. :)
Not gonna happen.
I doubt their payments are made in cash b/c payments like that (with that high of a dollar amount) can be tracked. Just like when 'we' try to buy a car with cash. Sure, go ahead.....but it is still being reported. Which is another wrinkle of control I totally don't agree with, but it is where we are at today.

Banning legislators from buying stocks? LOL! Like insider trading is illegal right now? Pelosi did it, yet she walks free. The rules of the common folk don't apply to them! As previously stated, they don't need cash b/c they can manipulate the cashless society to their advantage in other ways to amass their wealth. Us peasants won't be able to do that.

I doubt their payments are made in cash b/c payments like that (with that high of a dollar amount) can be tracked. Just like when 'we' try to buy a car with cash. Sure, go ahead.....but it is still being reported. Which is another wrinkle of control I totally don't agree with, but it is where we are at today.
Did you know that you can have anyone pay on any debt you owe and it will not be reported as income?
I will always remember Warren Buffett saying on TV that he could pay ZERO dollars in income tax each year by simply taking out a loan equal to his yearly income (untaxable), and having his income sources make payments on the loan (untaxable).
He was telling the truth.:(
Like the Bidens, you simply have other people pay for your stuff :thumbs:.
P.S. You can make a $10,000 payment on my credit card account anytime you want 😍, and I can promise you that you will not hear me whine about having to pay taxes on it, because I won't have to.:)

Last edited:
Back