Cashless Society

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ve had issues getting change for the store. Bank has been limiting quarters to 2 rolls per day. Oddly have had a few “new” packs of dollar bills; with a print date of 1997. They clearly have not been in circulation. Yeah, sadly we’re under the “blu” influence here in this state. Not sure if it’s connected though.

Home Depot and may a few other stores have signs by the cashiers mentioning a "national coin shortage" yet they are always able to produce change. I haven't seen any such shortage here.

From The Fed itself (The Fed - Are U.S. coins in short supply?):

Are U.S. coins in short supply?
There is currently an adequate overall amount of coins in the economy. But business and bank closures associated with the COVID-19 pandemic significantly disrupted normal circulation patterns for U.S. coins. This slowed pace of circulation reduced available inventories in some areas of the country during 2020.

The Federal Reserve continues to work with the U.S. Mint and others in the industry to keep coins circulating. As a first step, a temporary cap was imposed in June 2020 on the orders depository institutions place for coins with the Federal Reserve to ensure that the supply was fairly distributed. Because coin circulation patterns have not fully returned to pre-pandemic levels, caps were reinstated in May 2021. We continue to closely monitor orders and deposits from depository institutions as well as U.S. Mint production. The U.S. Coin Task Force, which was formed in July 2020 to identify, implement, and promote actions to address disruptions to coin circulation, continues to meet regularly until coin circulation normalizes.

Since mid-June of 2020, the U.S. Mint has been operating at full production capacity. In 2020, the Mint produced 14.8 billion coins, a 24 percent increase from the 11.9 billion coins produced in 2019.

As the economy recovers and businesses reopen, more coins will flow back into retail and banking channels and eventually into the Federal Reserve, which should allow for the further rebuilding of coin inventories available for recirculation.

I guess I'm in an area that isn't affected.

One hypothesis floating on you tube , the covid 19 shot is NOT designed to stop covid ,. It is designed to form a scannable glob in the vaccinated . This is the futures money plan . To buy or sell people will have to have themselves scanned . Thus it explains the government frantic and relentless effort to get everyone vaccinated . I am not saying that I believe this , but not being a medical scientist can not dispute its validity either . Mark of the beast .

One hypothesis floating on you tube , the covid 19 shot is NOT designed to stop covid ,. It is designed to form a scannable glob in the vaccinated . This is the futures money plan . To buy or sell people will have to have themselves scanned . Thus it explains the government frantic and relentless effort to get everyone vaccinated . I am not saying that I believe this , but not being a medical scientist can not dispute its validity either . Mark of the beast .
Revelation 13: 16-17

Our grocery stores no longer accept cash at the self checkouts. I asked one of the workers why. She said "they" won't give her the change (coins) she requests so can't fill the machines. I'm curious if this is just happening in blue states or all states??? And yes, I realize the push to use cards but have my wheels churning. 🤔
I don't see why they can't put up a sign that states "cash accepted, exact change required".:dunno: Most stores have a person watching over those machines, so they would just need to inform people of the requirement until folks got used to it.

Some places around here are now accepting cash that weren't before the height of the Covid scare. Still, there are self checkouts that will only accept cards. To get around that, I have bought gift cards with cash so that I don't have to use a CC if I want to use a self checkout. It's a step I'd prefer not to take, but I guess I have to play their stupid game if I shop there. :rolleyes: That said, I rarely shop at those stores anymore and prefer to frequent those stores who don't play that game.

Here's a good summary.....
1644557350097.png

As much as I hate the government, I would say that they should be the only ones responsible for currency. No private entity should have governing authority over any currency.

My thought is that my money is my personal property. The fourth amendment applies.

Currency is just a store of value, an easier way to make transactions. Rather than bring 10 cows to someone who wants to sell a tractor, we exchange a currency that both parties agree has a value of 10 cows to one tractor. It can be a piece of paper, a precious metal or anything basically. For larger transactions, rather than bring 500 pounds of a precious metal for a transaction, people exchange a currency that they both agree is worth 500 pounds of a precious metal. To me, that is currency in a nutshell.

The market should dictate what is a currency and what its value is. A fiat currency, or a piece of paper has zero actual ‘value’. A digital currency has zero actual ‘value’ also. Gold or other ‘precious metal’ has an intrinsic ‘value’. No matter what happens, you will always have ‘something’. Granted, with a fiat currency you will always have a pretty piece of paper. 😊

With a fiat currency you have something in hand with which to trade or buy. With precious metals you have something in hand with which to buy or trade. With a digital currency you have nothing if you are not in possession of a working electronic device and the working system to support it.

With a fiat currency someone would have to physically take it from me, or I would have to lose it. With a precious metal someone would have to physically take or from me or I would have to lose it. With a digital currency I have absolutely no control over it, none. Granted, with a fiat, if I stored it in a bank I would have no control over it either, but I have that choice.

To devalue a fiat, they simply print more of it, flood the market and lower each ones value. There really is no limit on the amount they can make available. With precious metals they have to mine and refine the ore, but there is a physical limit to the amount available. With a digital currency they can simply put more ones and zero’s in the system and have an unlimited amount of them.

All three of the above have one thing in common: they are all ‘worth’ what someone is willing to pay for them.

I have heard from a fairly reliable source that Ft. Knox is almost empty and most of it has been parceled out to secret reserves.
AND THEY ARE RUNNING EMPTY!

As much as I hate the government, I would say that they should be the only ones responsible for currency. No private entity should have governing authority over any currency.
I agree. Right now the Fed is not the government but most people don't know that b/c it sounds like a government branch. It's not. It's under control of the western private central banking system. AKA: the elites. They control everything and look how that's turned out. What we need to do is scrap this system (and their control) and return to a gold backed currency. How that happens, I don't know. But, I think we're gonna find out b/c what's going on now is not sustainable.

I agree. Right now the Fed is not the government but most people don't know that b/c it sounds like a government branch. It's not. It's under control of the western private central banking system. AKA: the elites. They control everything and look how that's turned out. What we need to do is scrap this system (and their control) and return to a gold backed currency. How that happens, I don't know. But, I think we're gonna find out b/c what's going on now is not sustainable.

Sounds great!

It has been ages since I saw the numbers but if we look at the total value of everything in the world and realize the total amount of physical gold in the world would fit in an olympic sized swimming pool..

Gold would be more than $50,000 an oz.

Scratch that!

Just did the research

There is 2.5B oz of gold in world.

The total value of the world is $510T total worth or $510,000B.

Do the math and we find gold would be $204,000 an oz.

Todays dollar would worth about 1 cent.

Double check my numbers and math PLEASE!

Ben

When we left the gold standard in 1971 everyone thought the US Dollar would lose value.
It immediately did lose value and so we had rampant inflation.
The inflation gradually decreased but never went away and the Dollar's value continued to erode. The US Dollar is only worth a fraction of what it was worth in 1971.
There is little of the Dollar left. We now have rampant inflation again.
It is anyone's guess whether the Dollar survives at all this time.

I guess not.
Has everyone forgotten about having their money in shares of stock of companies that keep the lifeblood of this country flowing?
If everyone is forced into poverty, nobody will be buying gold jewelry. :rolleyes:
...but they will pay their electric bill, and buy essentials.:thumbs:
Those companies will still be around long after we are gone.

On topic: The cashless society we see today is only the product of laziness from the smartphone generation and their tap&pay addiction.:mad:
That can change in an instant. I've seen it.
Let a spinney-thing roll thru down here and see every checkout with a sign that says "Cash Only". Not a problem for us locals, but a major headache for yuppie visitorsgaah.

Has everyone forgotten about having their money in shares of stock of companies that keep the lifeblood of this country flowing?
If everyone is forced into poverty, nobody will be buying gold jewelry. :rolleyes:
...but they will pay their electric bill, and buy essentials.:thumbs:
Those companies will still be around long after we are gone.

On topic: The cashless society we see today is only the product of laziness from the smartphone generation and their tap&pay addiction.:mad:
That can change in an instant. I've seen it.
Let a spinney-thing roll thru down here and see every checkout with a sign that says "Cash Only". Not a problem for us locals, but a major headache for yuppie visitorsgaah.
No we are increasing our investments in dividend paying stock but...

Ecclesiastes 11:2 says...

Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.

Gold and silver just count as 1.
Stocks
Real estate
Food
Tools (includes gun)
Knowledge- skills
Water

Can you suggest others please?

Ben

Back