Castile Soap, anyone make it?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi LM~ I make my own soaps, but actually prefer other soaps. Castile is really just using olive oil and no other fats. I've not made liquid soaps just bars. Using olive oil only makes a really soft bar - like it's not set up. I would say use this "bar" and proceed from there. I think it's essentially just an extra step to making regular soap. Again, I've not done it as I prefer some coconut oil in it to harden it up and create a better lather. So this is just my opinion.

I didnt know there was a soapforum, 🤦🏻‍♀️ Will have to check it out.

i found a recipe that really explains, olive oil makes a soft bar, not much lather great for face and sensitive skin.
coconut oil makes lather and a hard bar
other oils like jojoba etc, adds different softness, etc.
i am thinking of making 1 kind and trying to have ingredients on hand and at least know what I am doing. We use Dr Bronners and Iwould love to make a very similar soap, less expensive.

I didnt know there was a soapforum, 🤦🏻‍♀️ Will have to check it out.

i found a recipe that really explains, olive oil makes a soft bar, not much lather great for face and sensitive skin.
coconut oil makes lather and a hard bar
other oils like jojoba etc, adds different softness, etc.
i am thinking of making 1 kind and trying to have ingredients on hand and at least know what I am doing. We use Dr Bronners and Iwould love to make a very similar soap, less expensive.

Now that I can handle .Just no time or enery left to do it.

Latest posts

Back