Catch clean and cook shrimp

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you in the rookery or the 10 thousand islands? (It is brackish waters off Gulf Coast near Chokoloskee and Everglades City). A friend used to go fishing out there all the time.
A family member goes out there frequently.

No I am in cedar key it's a island City north Central Florida about a hour out side of Gainesville FL but there's a lot of similarities to everglade City

Well I took the castnet out and fished for shrimp did pretty good

Is that the Gulf? How old is that net? My old one was great but the one I bought 10 yr ago was too easy to tangle.Looks like your having fun and got to eat too. Are you in N.Florida, because I can't recall any little islands of shore other than marsh.

Are you in the rookery or the 10 thousand islands? (It is brackish waters off Gulf Coast near Chokoloskee and Everglades City). A friend used to go fishing out there all the time.
A family member goes out there frequently.

Thats what I was wondering looks like we ask at same time.

Yes I am in the gulf of Mexico cedar key it was once a bigger port than Tampa during the civil war

I knew it, I was to say Cedar key or Suwannee. I sure miss not being able to use my net anymore,Mine was just 5' but I'm not a tall woman.Last time I triedit was in Valano Beach couldn't get it to open correctly.

Bishop do you got to the Civil War Enactment here in N.Fl.?I like seeing teh costumes espcially the women in their beautifu Antibellum dresses.

I have been to a few all over they used to do one in cedar key the battle of number 4 bridge that's where I am shrimping but they have not done that in a long time

This is the big city home of the cedar key sharks we bleed purple and gold
Cedar-Key-from-a-Birds-Eye-View-Photo-by-Pat-Bonish.jpg

A friend's daughter goes all over the U.S. playing volleyball with her team. Last I heard she's got a full scholarship and she's only 16. Good to keep kids focused on something positive.
Cedar Key Sharks sounds tougher than Cedar Key Shrimp. Lol

I don't have them doing travel ball but we do a really good job with the teams in our area we are 10 and 2 right now will be 11 in 2 tonight

10 and 3 we lost my fault too win has a shark lose as a shark but I wouldn't be nothing but a sharkthese ladies that I coach or probably the best group of kids that I've coached a long time

Latest posts

Back