"Certified" Survival "GLOP".........Help adding gloppy stuff.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I start with cheap Peanut Butter, and cheap Honey, about (as close as I can eyeball it) 50/50. So you wondering "why" cheap, well I get it FREE, which is my favorite cost. The honey, I just buy the cheapest on Amazon. Currently $19.38 for 80 ounces (Five Pounds) Amazon.com : Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Wildflower Honey, 80 Ounces (Previously Solimo) : Grocery & Gourmet Food

The one pound jar of cheap peanut butter, is 5" tall and just under 3" diameter. Nice size for a pockets on one of my backpacks, or in the tiny pack with the Trauma Kit. The half pound of peanut butter has 1,260 calories. Half pound of honey about 650 calories. for 1,910 calories for the jar of 50/50 mix.

What could I add that is mostly fiber. Other then sawdust.

to use some of this type stuff just make what is called preacher cookies.

edit...many folks call these no bake cookies.

Last edited:
Bran muffins. Get some bran cereal and make some bran muffins.

I am looking for basic bran to add to the peanut butter honey mix, which is a survival food. But I fear if you ate one jar a day for a week, you might never ever poop again. So I am thinking add basic brand, or whatever the group suggests for "Fiber".

my grandmother made these all the time.

Energy Bar Recipe: 3 Cups of Oatmeal 2 Cups of Sugar 1/2 Cup of Milk 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy) 3 Tbl Cocoa 1 Stick Butter 1 Tsp Vanilla Nuts are optional but REALLY GOOD!

AMAZON has everything you "NEED"

1634705076523.png

speaking of fiber…

OK.........I just ordered two pounds of the "FIGS". Do you skin them, or eat the whole thing.....???

i love figs,dates and prunes.they dont do a thing to me though....lol...friends eat one or two and its over with...lol...i can eat them by the hands full to be honest.friends can eat a plum and run to toilet.i eat several plums at once and no difference in me. if you want a really good plum type fruit. get yourself what is called a 'dinosaur egg'. i think they are a plum/apricot cross. they are usually expensive but are fantastic fruits !

the thread i done on the 2,000 year old dates well i hope before i die to be able to buy some of those dates.i want to taste what ships sailed to Judea to buy the 'best date in the world' back in old times.they were highly sought after.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/2-000-year-old-seed.14033/#post-394989

Last edited:
My first thought was oatmeal. Peanuts, coconut, and raisins would also be good additions.

Caribou, you are right. I made trail bars with this recipe, and my A1C was higher than my area code. I liked them but they didn't like me.

OK.........I just ordered two pounds of the "FIGS". Do you skin them, or eat the whole thing.....???

I eat the whole thing. I didn’t know there was another way to do it!

I noticed that you are using wildflower honey. We enjoy making fireweed honey. Going on memory here. Heat up a cup of sugar add a bit of alum. Melt it until it's a liquid n through in 50 fireweed flowers. Let it seep 10 minutes n strain out the flowers. Put in clean jars while hot n put a lid on. Makes good Christmas presents.
My beautiful wife n kids would grab up the food products from the natural food section that were close dated. Prunes to banana chips. Raw coconut is my favorite. When they gathered up aa bunch they made cookies. Freeze up enough bags to almost make it to the next batch. BTW frozen cookies are great eats. So as per your question, try cruising through the natural foods n bulk foods sections as they usually have product moving through. Buy whatever is on sale and always use raw coconut. If you want some extra kick add some sugar to the top to crystallize before baking.
Oh yeah one of the most important ingredients is kids. If possible always add kids

Well yall talking oatmeal...i had to stop at local amish..50# rolled oats $26. thats a lot of breakfasts or meals or cookies for that. a cup of rolled oats is .2# so theres 250 cups in a 50#.

So as per your question, try cruising through the natural foods n bulk foods sections as they usually have product moving through. Buy whatever is on sale and always use raw coconut.

How would I get to a Natural Food Store......??? And buy what is on sale.....??? I have not been more then two and half miles from the cabin in over a year. Why go to an urban area full of toxic sickly humans.....wearing face diapers.....???

Last edited:
We don't go to natural food stores. Just the natural food section in the grocery store. Safeway, Fred's. Still have to go get some supplies like meds. When our kids were making cookies folks weren't too worried about diseases.
And I don't wear a diaper on my face either. I use a camo sock thing that pulls up over my face. Same one I use for hunting. Quite frankly I could get by never leaving the place but there are others in my life that also have needs. And I have had a covid shot for what that's worth. And our place is set up about as self sufficient as can be.
Oops excuse me for not realizing that it has to be ordered from Amazon. My bad. I went back n reread the original thread asking for ways to cut costs n missed the reference to Amazon. But hey you can make a few cases of flower honey from sugar from Amazon. And I guess a bit late for fireweed .
But lots of other local stuff ,the highbush cranberries are fantastic after the freezing, lots of rosehip also. I don't care for dog berries, little orange ones from white flowers. But they are edible n add bulk. My beautiful wife puts up rhubarb frozen but just made up,some rhubarb jam from some frozen stuff. I could imagine that tasting yummy. Might try using chaga tea for your liquid instead of any plain water.
Anyhows have you checked out your local bush ? Lots of natural goodies. And yes oatmeal is great. Stores well n can be used many ways. They were usually the base for any of the other ingredients for cookies.
Question does the ingredients have to be dried so they don't rot? You can easily dry any of the natural ingredients for flavor bulk n vitamins.
So I hope this helps, sorry for any prior confusion

Last edited:
Oops excuse me for not realizing that it has to be ordered from Amazon. My bad. I went back n reread the original thread asking for ways to cut costs n missed the reference to Amazon.

There was NO reference to cutting costs. I asked about what could be added that was high fiber. This is not cookies, or syrup. I mentioned Amazon, as that is my only way of getting food or supplies. Peanut butter is high in "fat and protein". The honey is high in carbohydrates. But if this was the only food a person consumed for two weeks, they might get an impaction. So I was looking to add a mostly dry fiber food, to the mix.

There was NO reference to cutting costs. I asked about what could be added that was high fiber. This is not cookies, or syrup. I mentioned Amazon, as that is my only way of getting food or supplies. Peanut butter is high in "fat and protein". The honey is high in carbohydrates. But if this was the only food a person consumed for two weeks, they might get an impaction. So I was looking to add a mostly dry fiber food, to the mix.
Generic bran flakes or Wheaties type cereal might work, crushed and added to the mix...

Back