Cheap Bulk Seed in America.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this site when searching for bulk seed and thought I would share it with my friends here.

http://www.bulkseedstore.com/store/bulk_vegetable_seeds.html

The prices seem very reasonable.

Regards.
Thank you for the link. What would you grow in bulk? If I had the space, I would grow tomatoes and green beans for canning. I would grow onion and celery (if I could do so successfully) and chop it up and freeze some and dehydrate some.

Just be sure that the veggie seeds you get are heirloom seeds so you can collect the seeds for your seed bank. A quick search showed just three heirloom seeds for Artichokes, Arugala and Asparagus. there wasn't a "next page" or other listings. Sees collected from hybrids won't produce the same plants.

Just be sure that the veggie seeds you get are heirloom seeds so you can collect the seeds for your seed bank. A quick search showed just three heirloom seeds for Artichokes, Arugala and Asparagus. there wasn't a "next page" or other listings. Sees collected from hybrids won't produce the same plants.

I actually opened listings for onion, corn, collards, onions, spinach and cabbage etc. etc and there are heirloom varieties for all of vegetables I looked at.

Perhaps you should taken a harder look.

I just did a quick search with the word "heirloom" from the home page. Then I thought I should remind folks to be sure they were ordering heirloom seeds and not hybrids. I did say it was a quick search bt I am glad they have a big selection of heirloom seeds for those of us who require them. I get three catalogs each year with discount coupons because I have used these folks for years. I never turn down new sources and I will keep the "bulkseedstore" book marked too. Thanks for being so thorough for us. :)

Thanks Sheepdog for the seed-saving reminder. Another label I look for in addition to heirloom is "open-pollinated." While not always heirloom, open-pollinated choices are great for seed-savers because they are not hybrids, and will be true to parentage.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tank-Girl for the link. I'm always on the lookout for new-to-me sources.

Latest posts

Back