Checking in

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Innkeeper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Just a heads up, I am still alive and kicking it's been a wild year or so. Last November a few days after knee surgery I rolled my truck and wrote it off. They coincidentally found kidney cancer. Have now had the cancer removed And still awaiting some other surgery. The truck rollover gave me a nasty concussion which set my other brain injuries back a far bit. The mts. has had some health concerns as well. With health issues we have decided to close the B&B at the end of the year and likely move to something smaller. I stop pop in here for the rare snow but haven't had much time. Miss y'all but still hoping to get back on a regular basis.

I stop pop in here for the rare snow but haven't had much time. Miss y'all but still hoping to get back on a regular basis.
Glad to see you back!!!
clap.gif

When life gives you lemons, make some lemonade!

And to quote Ron White, find the guy that life gave vodka, and have a party.

Hope all goes well, and we will keep you in our prayers.

So good to hear from you! God is in control, isn't he? So sorry for all the health challenges you've been having. Hope to hear more from you. Best to you on your upcoming surgery. If I remember correctly, you used to be Bug out Bob.
thanks. God is indeed in control. You are correct, I used BugoutBob for quite a while in various forums before the name change several years ago.

Darn and I missed it
I wondered if you can record a Zoom meeting? I suppose you can with your cell phone, but I didn't. I took photos of the slides.
This was a video of a man who presented at CGSI (Czechoslovak Genealogy Society International) in 2015, and we watched a recording of his presentation, with permission from CGSI. This man's name was Jan Dus.
If I remember correctly, you are a member of, or know about the Moravian Church, which is based on Jan Hus' teachings. He mentioned the Moravian church in his presentation.
When we still had face to face meetings, I was talking about how one group of ancestors were called Evangelical, which is also protestant, while all of what is now Czechia was required to be Catholic for a a while, under the Hapsburgs. Jan Hus wanted Catholics to use the bible.

I believe everyone else that attends or participates in these meetings is Catholic. I was trying to explain it and finally said, "My ancestors were Hussites, followers of Jan Hus." It finally clicked with people, because Czechs know about Jan Hus.

Latest posts

Back