Christmas countdown

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyday is Christmas at our house...
Nativity.jpeg

I bought a bunch of gifts on clearance last Jan-Feb. Now I don't remember what I bought. The gifts I bought for others will be a surprsie to me too when I go to my "present" closet and start getting stuff organized for the season. Thankfully I don't have many folks to buy for anymore. Hubs and I are spoiled.....when we really want something we just buy it, so we don't really bother with Christmas gifts for each other.

I usually go to the local farm store for Black Friday deals. I usually stock up on birdfood, dog treats, flannel shirts, and such, depending upon the ads. However, I give flannel shirts, birdfood, and feeders as gifts too.

I don't think I'm the typical BF shopper.:D I typcally steer clear of the big box stores if at all possible.

I usually go to the local farm store for Black Friday deals. I usually stock up on birdfood, dog treats, flannel shirts, and such, depending upon the ads. However, I give flannel shirts, birdfood, and feeders as gifts too.

I don't think I'm the typical BF shopper.:D I typcally steer clear of the big box stores if at all possible.

It never occurred to me to shop a farm store on BF. I might give that a try this year... I can get to the 3 closest to me and avoid all the traffic. :Thankyou:

It never occurred to me to shop a farm store on BF. I might give that a try this year... I can get to the 3 closest to me and avoid all the traffic. :Thankyou:

We bought our big gun safe and wood stove at the farm store on black Fri about 12 yrs ago.

All I want for Christmas is Halloween and Thanksgiving. :)

It's already started... UPS was 3 hours late today. A portent of things to come? They keep sayin' more folks have jobs, incomes are up... Folks who haven't had extra to spend in years are going to spend. Order early and ship early or the only thing arriving on time will be December 25th!

:snowwindow:

He wasn't smiling because he found how much coal he was going to be hauling. It's hard to find a kid today who has been nice...
BTW Santa, I could use some coal this year. I am running low for my forge and there is no place around here to buy any. My other forge uses charcoal but some jobs are easier with coal.
I'll be naughty if I have to. I suppose I could ask for an electric forge or an induction heater, but I am a little old fashioned - like you Santa.

Nope I got Anthracite coal. The good stuff but hard to light.

He wasn't smiling because he found how much coal he was going to be hauling. It's hard to find a kid today who has been nice...
BTW Santa, I could use some coal this year. I am running low for my forge and there is no place around here to buy any. My other forge uses charcoal but some jobs are easier with coal.
I'll be naughty if I have to. I suppose I could ask for an electric forge or an induction heater, but I am a little old fashioned - like you Santa.
I bought some anthracite at Tractor Supply. They had to order it though.

How much coal and at what cost?
inquiring minds want to know... well one mind ;)

How much coal and at what cost?
inquiring minds want to know... well one mind ;)

Its been a few years so I don't remember the price but I bought 42 bags. They gave me a discount since the guy who bought it was hospitalized and couldn't take it.

Latest posts

Back