Christmas countdown

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screen-shot-2019-10-14-at-4.24.29-pm.jpg

Christmas card and gift list made. Starting cards today. Only bought gifts are for DH and we only do trinkets from thrift stores. All gifts are baked goods and nothing done yet on that front. I do decorate in early November as I do it all myself and get too busy later on. I am one who takes it down Christmas Day or the day after at the latest. When it's over, it's over!

Wow, @snappy1 when you're done, you're done!
Maybe I should think about it early this year too. Otherwise, I'll be a mess to get it done. I have never been an early shopper. I never do black Friday shopping.
I think waiting tends to eliminate wiser purchasing, in my case.
One family I know does destination Christmas, usually snow skiing.
Creating memories instead of getting more stuff.
I was in the hospital once at Christmas. That sucked, but a lot of people came to see me and that was very cool cuz at least I was alive even if I couldn't walk (casts on both legs).

I used to do Black Friday shopping, but the past few years are only electronic deals. I never buy electronics. Haven't even thought about Christmas yet. Won't till Thanksgiving.
Much of those doorbusters are cheaper made products. Many years ago, my daughter and I went a couple years in a row to Black Friday events. We never got anything worth getting out of bed for at that hour.

Christmas card and gift list made. Starting cards today. Only bought gifts are for DH and we only do trinkets from thrift stores. All gifts are baked goods and nothing done yet on that front. I do decorate in early November as I do it all myself and get too busy later on. I am one who takes it down Christmas Day or the day after at the latest. When it's over, it's over!
I have purchased Christmas cards many years. I think I got them sent out maybe once?

Much of those doorbusters are cheaper made products.

Called "Derivatives". They are a lot like the similar product sold at full price, but are made as cheaply as possible using outsourced components. Even selling them for dirt cheap results in a profit.

Latest posts

Back