Christmas stocking stuffer ideas.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We always had apples, oranges, and mixed nuts (in the shell), and a chocolate santa. When my son was little there was also a small toy and a toothbrush, little travel games. As he got bigger I put books in. Favorite soaps or purfumes/after shave. Or even ornaments.

I had forgotten, but my wife always put a toothbrush in the kids stockings every year. Candy was another staple.

Here is the list my grand children would like to find in their stockings this year.
Now mind you my grandchildren are the following ages: girls are 1, 4, 5: boy is 9.
Apple,plum, candy cane,change purse big enough to hold $3 in pennies,puzzles, flashlights, chicken,pork chops, hot cocoa k cups.
Sounds good to me!!😊

Back in June there was a post on here about emergency whistles. I bought 10 Fox Classic whistles and they will go in everyone stocking. I just hope they don't rely on me to hear them. I blew on one and said this thing doesn't work. I looked around and everyone had their ears plugged. Apparently they are at a frequency I am unable to hear. I could not hear it at all.
I usually get a new pocket knife in my stocking. Most of the time it's an Uncle Henry pocket knife. I have about 5 of the same knife. My wife forgets what she got me and she knows I like those.
Tooth brushes were a common thing but I like a specific brush and they are no longer made so a few years ago I bought 20 of them on eBay.

Good thread for me as for some reason, stuffing the stockings have become my responsibility. Things I typically include:

box of defensive ammo
batteries
shaving razor blades
D rings
beef jerky
Candy
gum

I had forgotten, but my wife always put a toothbrush in the kids stockings every year. Candy was another staple.
Yes, I was thinking of this as well. One year, one of the people suggested that his stocking was preparedness stuff! Well, I do have extras of things like toothbrushes, tissues and lighters. It makes for an easy shopping trip into the closet!

It makes for an easy shopping trip into the closet!

Or to the Dollar Store. Think of all the prepping supplies you could get, and not break the bank.

Thank you. I do go past a Harbor Freight once in a while and know where there are a couple. They do have some great items that would work. I like to make stocking stuffers practical or edible.
Flashlights do need to be replaced now and then, and like some things, can you have too many? Yes, beef jerky.
Throughout the year, I pick up inexpensive items at Harbor Freight and save them for Christmas. Flashlights, zip ties, clips, tape, fire starters, etc.

Latest posts

Back