Cigars

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partagus and Cohiba is a couple new brands I purchased. Hope they are good

I doubt you will be disappointed. Both are excellent. I have had a lot of very good cigars, but I would have to rank Cohiba the best.

You never know. I've smoked Punch for years, just never this style. First one I didn't like.
I picked up 2 different Kentucky Fire Cured sticks today. Probably toast one of them New Years day. Planning on a nice fire to sit around outside

I just picked up one of those punch torpedos today and I grabbed a couple of the Kentucky Fire Cured sticks

Oh. and BTW, I blamed the cigar purchase on you guys, so if'ns ya'll see a crazy lady with a big walkin stick running down your road, Run! LOL.

I am normally a pipe smoker, but I enjoy cigars as well. For the last year I have been a member of a cigar of the month club. They send me 5 cigars each month to try. It has really opened my eyes to a large number of sticks that are not from mainstream producers. A few of my favorites from the previous year have been:
Rojas Bluebonnets
Aladino Corojo Reserve
Big Pappi Slugger
All Saints St Francis
Buffalo Ten Maduro

I am normally a pipe smoker, but I enjoy cigars as well. For the last year I have been a member of a cigar of the month club. They send me 5 cigars each month to try. It has really opened my eyes to a large number of sticks that are not from mainstream producers. A few of my favorites from the previous year have been:
Rojas Bluebonnets
Aladino Corojo Reserve
Big Pappi Slugger
All Saints St Francis
Buffalo Ten Maduro
What club have you joined? I ran across one named Privada Cigar Club. They do similar monthly things. I thought about joining for a while, but I don't have enough time to smoke them all typically. Think I'll wait until I retire.
Keep us posted on what you get each month. That should be interesting following that.

While I had the fire going this afternoon I smoked a Oliva Serie V Melanio. It's a Nub type, 4x60. I swear that was the mildest stick I have ever smoked. Tasted so good. Burnt pretty evenly and held a 2" ash right off the start. Never got hot or bitter and I smoked it down to under an inch.
I'll definately buy this type again

Cur, let me know what you think about the KFC's if you don't mind. Which model's did you get?
I have really enjoyed the couple I've had so far. Got 2 others left to try.

What club have you joined? I ran across one named Privada Cigar Club. They do similar monthly things. I thought about joining for a while, but I don't have enough time to smoke them all typically. Think I'll wait until I retire.
Keep us posted on what you get each month. That should be interesting following that.
I belong to the The Cugar Authority Care Package. $35 a month for 5 cigars. Here is what was in this month's care package:
20230107_195245.jpg
20230107_195318.jpg

Nice. I have that Oliva in my humidor box.

Oliva is one of our go-to brands. They carry a nice selection of Oliva's at our cigar bar. Perdomo, Macanudo, Arturo Fuente, and Oliva are what we usually choose. Cohibas are reserved for special occasions.

Before an illness I smoked Macanudo Cru Royals or Vintage while sitting on my porch at night with some sipping whiskey
watching firefly’s on a Mississippi summer evening enjoying being alone and in deep thought or with a friend engaged in interesting conversation

Before an illness I smoked Macanudo Cru Royals or Vintage while sitting on my porch at night with some sipping whiskey
watching firefly’s on a Mississippi summer evening enjoying being alone and in deep thought or with a friend engaged in interesting conversation

Can I come over? Can we listen to some real Mississippi Delta blues? 😍

Cur, let me know what you think about the KFC's if you don't mind. Which model's did you get?
I haven't tried one yet, I grabbed the Fat Mollie to try.

I got 2 of those to try out myself. I have smoked the Chunky model and was highly impressed. I've added that to a wishlist I keep running. I assume they'll be similar, just wrapped differently. I also got one called Just a Friend. Its a longer thinner stick

Reactions: Neb
Thats what it's all about to me. Just time to unwind

I got 2 of those to try out myself. I have smoked the Chunky model and was highly impressed. I've added that to a wishlist I keep running. I assume they'll be similar, just wrapped differently. I also got one called Just a Friend. Its a longer thinner stick
If you like the Kentucky Fired Cured Series, you may want to give the Terra Nova Dark Fired Kentucky a try. I love fire cured kentucky in my pipe blends and I enjoyed the DFK series from Drew Estate, but they can be really overpowering with the fire cured burley in them. The Terra Nova DFK is, in my opinion, a more balanced blend of cigar primings and fire cured leaf. The dark fired is more of a compliment to the blend instead of the whole blend in the Terra Nova.

I will try and find some of those to try. Never heard of them.
I really like the KFCs, but more than willing to try similar styles.
Thanks

Reactions: Neb
For Morgan

Cross Road Blues - Robert Johnson

I consider that one the original. Quite different from what Cream did in 1968.

Have you ever heard Justin Johnson? For a set of two at this concert I was standing behind the guy taking the video. I really like him. He has done some great stuff.

I decided to sit on the porch for a while. Smoked my small Kentucky Fire Cured called the Chunky. It is a 4 1/2 x 52. Great flavor, burned nice and even all the way down to the nub. Smooth as silk.

I just smoked one yesterday, very nice, smooth great aroma. My first thought was that it would get hot, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. Smoked it down to about an inch.

I hope that is a good indicator as to how the Fat Molly does

I'm not a cigar smoker, but this thread reminds me of a friend long ago whose pop smoked 'Covered Wagon' cigars... my memory may be faulty, but I'd swear on a stack of old SkateBoarder Magazines that one wrapped cigar on display atop the mantel was at least 8" long and over 1" in diameter, lol. Oh, yeah, and the artwork on the old cigar boxes was primo, I tried to find 'Covered Wagon Cigars' on the web but all I came up with was old boxes on sale for their artwork, lol. I have no clue whether one can still find a Covered Wagon Cigar, but the one I remember was the burliest cigar I've ever seen. :oops:

O
I'm thinking about smoking a Fat Molly this weekend. I'm highly impressed with the KFC cigars I've smoked so far.

I finished up the chunky today with my morning coffee, My wife told me a little bit ago how good it smelled. :)

OK so what cut does everyone prefer, punch, cut or V I am guessing it can vary from stick to stick.

I 'm looking to refine the draw.

Wife kind of enjoyed the smell of the chunky and the sweet one even more.
The other day I smoked a 10th anniversary Perdomo. I wasn't thrilled with the taste, but she liked the smell. Last weekend I smoked a Oliva Melanie 460. One of the best tasting cigars I've ever had. She didn't like the smell of it.
I have all three type cutters. Primary I've used a v cutter for years. Just recently got the opposite slicer and a punch. The slicer works well on most everything. The v notch not quite as versatile. I haven't tried the punch yet, but I'm sure it will be limited to due to cigar shape.
Just an FYI I saw a vid of a guy cutting a torpedo style with a slicer, but holding the cigar at an angle. Gave a better opening. Ill try that next time

Latest posts

Back