Clean Eating

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@musketjim I will join you in the eat whatever I like but not gain weight club so don't feel bad we just have high metabolisms and burn off food faster through activity. My husband struggles with keeping weight off so I get a similar response :) .

DH has now lost 35 kg in weight since we were married though as we found out he was allergic to Ibuprofen that made him swell like the Michelin man and also we found out he had undiagnosed Q Fever from blood tests since a teen that also caused swelling. He is now down to the same weight he was when he was in the military as a 19 year old due to lots of walking and exercise in the gardens and healthy eating with fresh vegetables we grow here. He still however holds onto a kilo each time he eats a muffin or biscuit for a day or two though.

I too try to eat clean. I gave up meat, sugar and flour for over a year. I try not to eat much of them now. Was never really that big of a meat eater. Well red meat that is. I still dont like steak. But I do like a good hamburg. We raise our own organic chickens and layers. Buy grass fed 1/2 beef once a year. Grow and preserve most of our veggies. I do go to a holistic dr that muscle tests and this helps to know what my body needs me to eat and what I shouldnt eat. I usually eat a smoothie every morning. I like frozen peaches and apple juice. But usually I toss into my smoothie, flax seed, apple juice or some kind of liquid ans what ever frozen fruit I have. If I have spinach or lettuce I toss that in. Or I will juice carrots, beets, tomato, spinach, ginger, garlic, and an apple. I love salad. I do make my own veggie broth, bone broth; chicken and beef. Makes great soups, etc. hubby likes donuts and meat, lol. I do think the muscle testing really does help.

I wonder if road kill counts as clean eating? DH came home with a partridge that hit his truck and ended up in the bed of it. He got one a few months ago too that I threw in the freezer b/c I didn't know what to do with it. I put em both in the crock pot with some mushroom soup and it was actually delish! I had a back up plan just in case...... Basically both of them broke their necks so nothing was wrong with the meat.......but I still can't believe I had road kill for dinner.:eek::D

@musketjim You struggle to keep weight ON? That's cool.

@snappy1 what is your choice of protein powder?
I stay away from dairy and eggs; to me, they assist in overloading the body in mucus. I don't have sinus problems like I used to. You go ahead though.
There is a protein called Carnivor, that is a beef isolate. There are also a couple of bone broth proteins out there also.

0711180814.jpg 0713190842b.jpg The difference a year can make! Thyroid meds lowered 4 times and off BP meds. I have come so much farther than I ever thought I could. Now to continue maintaining!

I'm down 60 pounds as of today, since starting on July 11th this year! Woohoo! Another 25 to go. Doctor has lowered my thyroid meds a second time, so that's good too! Still going strong!

I saw this post and thought HOW?? Its only been 7 days... Then I saw the post date. I'm such a dork sometimes!

Good job Snappy!

Latest posts

Back