Cleveland Indians

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
221463785_10228036166755147_2652299702249930759_n.jpg

Yep, got into it last week on fakebook with a friend who celebrated the name change. His "friends" took exception to my feedback and ongoing discussions, and suddenly he doesn't count himself among my "friends". The 💩 they spouted was priceless.

I was unaware of the Cleveland connection. Never kept up with them.
But watched a Atlanta Braves game a week or 2 ago. They had a Eastern Band of Cherokee Nation celebration. Lots of folks from the nation there, lots of displays they put on as well. Primary Chief threw out first pitch. They also had a really good discussion with him in the booth during a couple of innings. From all he said, they are proud to be the Braves Mascot and get some funds from them for various schooling and stuff.
Hell with the libs.

I could kind of understand if the native tribes are offended by Chief Wahoo. I think I would be if I was them. But a lot of the team names celebrate the warrior culture of Native Americans - the skill and toughness and ferocity. Florida State Seminoles come to mind.

Something I find a bit odd, is that among the Navajos I work with, the Dallas Cowboys are far and away the most popular team. That always makes me scratch my head...

Penobscot is my tribe. I never heard about any money from this. I suppose I should read the financial report closer.
I may have misunderstood what they said about the financials. But I thought thats what they said. No $ amount was mentioned.
Spike i know the Seminole tribe supports FSU keeping their mascot and celebrations

Latest posts

Back