Clothing companies, brands and recommendations

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This company was recommended on Survivalist Blog and I went and looked at the clothing and gear. It is not cheap, but it seems to be very well made.

"If you haven’t already tried Wiggys fish net underwear and his socks you owe it to yourself to try out a pair. I spend approximately 75 to 80 days a year out in the field and used to swear by wool socks.. I always found that no matter the weather I would have to change my socks several times a day to keep dry feet no matter the temperature. With Wiggys socks I can wear the same pair for days and be comfortable.. I used to have and wear several types and weights of poly pro but was never truly comfortable and they always developed that funky smell we all know after extended wear. I’ve since changed to fish nets and have eliminated all my problems. Where I hunt in north Florida the winter temp swings from high teens to mid 60 in one day. Difficult temps to stay comfortable to say the least.

https://www.wiggys.com/

Wiggy's also has several YouTube videos. I have not watched any of them yet. I like to look at the oldest first, so that is the sequence here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC282EFlw14bNd0mGYEYxAjw/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da

Not the fishnet that came to mind...
I guess I have finally become, "that dirty old man". ;)

One of my Co-workers swears by Duluth underwear. As far as I'm concerned, Dickies work clothes do just fine. I have found Carhartt coats to be great, but the jeans leave much to be desired considering the cost. Riggs is another decent choice for durable clothes as is Wrangler cowboy cut jeans.

Fish Net underwear sounds...quite uncomfortable, to be honest.

BOGS boots. I have a pair that I don't wear very often, but when it is wet and cold, they are great.

I have a Woolrich turtleneck shirt that I love, but it is getting worn. I know Woolrich makes comfortable and good quality clothing. I just don't have much of it.

Latest posts

Back