CNC programing

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Old Tony on YouTube did a video or 2 on some CAD CAM software that is free to usethat will let you design things and will generate the CNC commands to run a CNCmachine.

If remember latter on i will find some libks.

Ben

This Old Tony on YouTube did a video or 2 on some CAD CAM software that is free to usethat will let you design things and will generate the CNC commands to run a CNCmachine.

If remember latter on i will find some libks.

Ben

Thanks it is a DXF file that is needed

Thanks it is a DXF file that is needed
Hmmmm not sure if will help but....

I had mech engineers I used to work with that did the mechanical stuff so I never got into it myself beyond circuit card design more than 20 years ago since I was the senior architect and let others do that work. The links below are from This Old Tony and are offered only in the hopes it may offer ideas or terms that can get you going. At the very least I find his presentation and dry humor funny.

16 minutes into this videotalks ablut Mach software he uses.

He mention G wizard also in thiis video

Another may help

CAD, Master Modeling, & The Diresta Prototype

CNC Dummies For Routers

CNC Basics 2

That is all I can offer.

Ben

I wish I had gotten into CNC years ago. There was and still is good money in that work, both programming and operating.
I agree. Years and years ago I worked with a CNC machinist in Salina, Kansas that had been a machinist in the Navy. He had all kinds of job prospects but he was looking for the kind of job where you would work for hours just to make one piece instead of mass production. I think he was making around $16/hr back then, which would probably be $25/hr or more now...

I signed at www.fusion360 and quickly found out I was way over my head. I looked around and ran out the door before I was spotted.
@backlash.

Would you mind contacting your daughter and asking her if she would be interested in
earning a bit of cash on the side? I need A DXF file with this on it
it is a tombstone made from 3 layers of 5/16 steel the 2 outer sheets will have letters the inside will not. the 2 outside will be powder coated black and the center blue
the height i 48'' the width 24'' depending on the room needed for letters
This is my rough draft,

Screenshot (62).png

I wish I had gotten into CNC years ago. There was and still is good money in that work, both programming and operating.

I did in 1965, four year apprentice to Journeymen Machinist Papers, signed by: Governor "Rockefeller" 1969, while also learning CNC programing at RIT. But I hated being indoors, and sought the freedom of Alaska, and walked away from all that training and education. A decision I have never regretted.

I did in 1965, four year apprentice to Journeymen Machinist Papers, signed by: Governor "Rockefeller" 1969, while also learning CNC programing at RIT. But I hated being indoors, and sought the freedom of Alaska, and walked away from all that training and education. A decision I have never regretted.
Funny story bout Alaska, I had an employer and his son that went on a Alaskan Bush fishing trip. They were taken out into the middle of know where in a plane and dropped of for 5 days. They had all the equipment to survive. they were salmon fishing.
the story goes that about the 2nd day a bear decided to steal their fish. then destroy the camp.
they said it was the worst time of their lives. i asked one simple question.
did you tie your catch up in the trees or leave it n the cooler? from the look I got it was a question i should not have asked. LOL
:brewing:

I signed at www.fusion360 and quickly found out I was way over my head. I looked around and ran out the door before I was spotted.
@backlash.

Would you mind contacting your daughter and asking her if she would be interested in
earning a bit of cash on the side? I need A DXF file with this on it
it is a tombstone made from 3 layers of 5/16 steel the 2 outer sheets will have letters the inside will not. the 2 outside will be powder coated black and the center blue
the height i 48'' the width 24'' depending on the room needed for letters
This is my rough draft,

View attachment 72851
I will ask her if she can make the file. She works in wood only so she can't actually make it.

I like "OLD TONY" videos.

Reactions: Neb
Back