Cocoa, storing and questions

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I store mine in mason jars ( usually quart jars but with 10# I'd use half gallon jars). I also vacuum seal them but if you can't do that as long as you keep it cool and dry and the lid on tight it should last for a long time in jars. It has no fats in it so it should be okay for a long time

Here is an article with more info. I bought a large mylar bag of cocoa from the LDS store, but have never opened it. I would think as long as it is cocoa (no powdered milk in it) it would last for quite a while. This article says let taste be your guide.

https://www.eatbydate.com/other/sweets/how-long-does-cocoa-last-shelf-life/
I have never seen cocoa at the LDS store, but I do know that there are times when they have stuff available that is not on their list. It is a matter of getting there when they have it. They never advertise it, but maybe the people who work there let their friends know.

Ha Ha I think theres a LDS store on this side of the Mississippi about 6-8 hours from me. Probably even farther lol

I'm going to food saver wrap it freeze it and hope for the best.I first wrap in wax paper then food saver hoping it does draw out plastic chems.

I think I found it at the LDS store by dumb luck. The store happened to be close to where I was working at the time. I thought it would be more of a traditional retail establishment. Not the case. It was a very strange experience.

Latest posts

Back