Coffee grounds

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do it all the time when the hubby takes more coffee in the mornings than usual. I have to make myself an extra cup of coffee. I just add a teaspoon more and it tastes just fine to me. I also add about 10 oz of water too instead of just a cup ( 8oz)

I do it all the time when the hubby takes more coffee in the mornings than usual. I have to make myself an extra cup of coffee. I just add a teaspoon more and it tastes just fine to me.

Same here. If hubs doesn't leave me enough coffee in the morning, I just add an extra bit of water and a maybe just a bit of fresh coffee and hit the 'on' button. I think if the old grounds are fairly fresh it's not a problem. However, if the grounds are old and dried up, I'm not sure if that would work.

Yes, when I make several pots in a row I do that & no one notice.
But only with fresh grounds, it is a way to ration coffee, a training for bad times.
Like eatting what we store or growing what we store, so we will be ready when it happen.
No time to stand in line then or maybe I am just a tight WAD!

This was standard operating procedure during the Depression and WW2. Some folks who had percolators removed the 'guts', and boiled their coffee, adding a little fresh grounds every time until there wasn't room for enough water. You had to let the pot set a few minutes after you took it off the heat, to let the grounds settle.

Latest posts

Back