Coincidences

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magpie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Do you believe that strange happenings are just coincidences or something more? We occasionally watch 'Weird or what' with William Shatner, and always have a good debate afterwards. Heard this over the weekend-
Our friend's son-in-law had a bad car accident about five years ago. Waiting at a junction to turn, with cars behind him. As he turned, a car overtook the waiting vehicles and ploughed straight into him. Every bone broken, he was lucky to survive.
Last week, same junction. Only this time as he's waiting to turn, he sees a BMW coming up fast, realises it's not going to stop and tries to get out of the way. He has his young son in the car. The car hits him anyway, but no injuries. A stranger on the other side of the junction runs to help him. Turns out it was the first man on the scene five years ago, who helped him then. He recognizes Liam and says 'we have to stop meeting like this!'
He is not a local, rarely on that road- just one of those things.

Anyone have a similar story?

Do you believe that strange happenings are just coincidences or something more? We occasionally watch 'Weird or what' with William Shatner, and always have a good debate afterwards. Heard this over the weekend-
Our friend's son-in-law had a bad car accident about five years ago. Waiting at a junction to turn, with cars behind him. As he turned, a car overtook the waiting vehicles and ploughed straight into him. Every bone broken, he was lucky to survive.
Last week, same junction. Only this time as he's waiting to turn, he sees a BMW coming up fast, realises it's not going to stop and tries to get out of the way. He has his young son in the car. The car hits him anyway, but no injuries. A stranger on the other side of the junction runs to help him. Turns out it was the first man on the scene five years ago, who helped him then. He recognizes Liam and says 'we have to stop meeting like this!'

Sounds like Liam should give the guy a set of wings ;)

I will have to think on this one.

This is not nearly as interesting. I grew up in a small South Dakota town, now less than 700 people, but closer to 1200 when I was a kid. In 1971, we were in San Diego, at the beach and run into the woman who grew up across the street from with her husband and child.

A few years later, I was working at Macy's on The Plaza in Kansas City, part time, a few evenings and weekends. I ran into another woman who lived a block from me when we were growing up.

Edited this as I had problems with original and not sure of photo being legit. Though it was a bit creepy -Love a bit of 'weird stuff' found this also while I was "studying" :)

When we first moved in here, I kept thinking I'd hear someone walking in the house while I was alone (it's a flood zone, so the house is on stilts and you can hear footsteps when anyone walks across the floor). Of course, this is Texas so I'd just grab my handgun and go see if someone had come in (also, my mother in law has a key and when she drops in and leaves things for the family she sometimes won't relock the door).

I kept feeling like I was going to walk into a room and someone would be there. Just feeling oddly watched all day for a few days. My husband didn't think anything of it and one night he jumped out of bed, grabbed his handgun, and started going through the house slamming all the doors wide open. He said he heard banging in the kitchen like someone was going through the pantry. He was adamant he had heard someone. Nothing, doors still locked.

My niece got home from her grandmother's house and a few nights later asked if she could sleep on a cot in our room. She's a teenager, not a small kid, so I asked her what was wrong. She didn't want to tell us because we "wouldn't believe her." Just that she didn't want to be alone. She said she heard banging in the kitchen and when she heard that or felt like someone was in the house she would see a man in the window of her room so she basically noped out and came to us.

We let her stay, and the next day we were all a little uneasy. My husband, a notorious nonbeliever in the paranormal, came in looking shaken and said he had closed her door after bringing her laundry into the room and a man had been smiling at him in the window. The windows on the house are almost 20' in the air because of the stilts the house sits on.

Last edited:

These two might have a soul contract or something similar

Love a bit of 'weird stuff' found this while I was "studying" :)

When we first moved in here, I kept thinking I'd hear someone walking in the house while I was alone (it's a flood zone, so the house is on stilts and you can hear footsteps when anyone walks across the floor). Of course, this is Texas so I'd just grab my handgun and go see if someone had come in (also, my mother in law has a key and when she drops in and leaves things for the family she sometimes won't relock the door).

I kept feeling like I was going to walk into a room and someone would be there. Just feeling oddly watched all day for a few days. My husband didn't think anything of it and one night he jumped out of bed, grabbed his handgun, and started going through the house slamming all the doors wide open. He said he heard banging in the kitchen like someone was going through the pantry. He was adamant he had heard someone. Nothing, doors still locked.

My niece got home from her grandmother's house and a few nights later asked if she could sleep on a cot in our room. She's a teenager, not a small kid, so I asked her what was wrong. She didn't want to tell us because we "wouldn't believe her." Just that she didn't want to be alone. She said she heard banging in the kitchen and when she heard that or felt like someone was in the house she would see a man in the window of her room so she basically noped out and came to us.

We let her stay, and the next day we were all a little uneasy. My husband, a notorious nonbeliever in the paranormal, came in looking shaken and said he had closed her door after bringing her laundry into the room and a man had been smiling at him in the window. The windows on the house are almost 20' in the air because of the stilts the house sits on.
This would give me the heeby jeebies

I have posted this before.
I lived in Oregon and my son started playing soccer.
I went to a training class in Connecticut. I saw an instructor and said I met a guy that looks just like you.
He said do you live in Oregon? The coach and the instructor were actually identical twins.
That was 40 years ago and it still amazes me.

When I was born, the moms went into the hospital for a week (unlike the 5 minutes they get today). My moms hospital room shared a bathroom with the room next door (don't they call these "Jack and Jill bathrooms"?) My mom and the other mom in the next room got acquainted.

2-1/2 years later, when my sister was born at that same hospital, guess who the other mom was sharing the same bathroom with my mom again?

one of our barn pigeons has a orange ring on its leg. It's one of the small ones that were just born maybe month ago. Who in the world put the ring on it? And why?
If he's ever hung out in NYC, it's probably his required registration license-plate🤣.

Coincidences for normal people? Sure. The first nurse we had visit us after my wife's delivery had the same name as our daughter.

Coincidences for government? Absolutely not. id make coincidences a capitol offense and have all of 'em scared walkin on eggshells if it were up to me.

I do believe in coincidence, but this story borders on divine intervention.

one of our barn pigeons has a orange ring on its leg. It's one of the small ones that were just born maybe month ago. Who in the world put the ring on it? And why?
Why do you tag lambs and kids - same thing. It’s probably a bird that was purposely hatched (like a homing pigeon or roller or. . .) and wandered off when it was turned loose to exercise.
My Gpa raised pigeons and banded them.

Used to go to a local dinner theater a lot. One time was there for a show and a thunderstorm had knocked out power so they had to reschedule. (There were about 10 of us early arrivals there with the lights out and we got to go ahead and eat the buffet even though they had closed the doors from letting anyone else in… SCORE).

When we went to the rescheduled show a couple was seated with us and we traded small talk during the dinner. He asked me what I did for a living and I explained that I make training equipment for schools and businesses and oddly he knew the name of the company, because he used to work there. We enjoyed the coincidence of that and then I said “the only thing that would be funnier is if you went to work at ‘name of company I used to work at.” His face lost all expression and his eyes got big as he looked at his wife, he did go to where I had worked! What are the odds!!

Last edited:
A coincidence and funny! The very first place I rented at 18 was a mobile home. It was a fairly new place, very nice. The owner, Bill, was a coworker at a factory, a lot older than me. (didn’t know the guy, 2500 employees).

i got the place dirt cheap because there was a catch. Bill wanted to play poker at the trailer on Friday nights with his buddies. Heck, I was never home on weekends anyway, usually playing music somewhere. The first time he left beer cans and chips everywhere my dirt cheap rent was cut in half. Didn’t mind that either, it’d look that way if I’d have been home! 🤣

Several years, jobs and residences later… I’d started dating someone, she still lived with her parents. After a month I was invited to Sunday dinner to meet them. her dad was Bill. 😁

The funny part, Bill clearly didn’t want anyone to know about his poker nights. He pretended to not know me at the introduction... and he had a deer in the headlights look on his face. Hey, i just went with the flow!

After dinner and a visit the girl and I were going to see a movie. Bill, not only did he insist on paying for our movie… he insisted I drive his pristine ‘56 Chevy. He really didn’t want me to talk about poker!!!! 🤣🤣

The really funny part… sometime later she broke up with me because it freaked her out that her dad was such a ‘buddy’ towards me. She never knew… unless he told her later. 🤣

Last edited:
Why do you tag lambs and kids - same thing. It’s probably a bird that was purposely hatched (like a homing pigeon or roller or. . .) and wandered off when it was turned loose to exercise.
My Gpa raised pigeons and banded them.
maybe, but I am pretty sure that bird was hatched in our barn
that's the weird part

we band our chickens to know how old they are

Latest posts

Back