College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now they have hired him.

good luck to him.

You never want to be the guy after THE guy. Especially when that guy happens to be the GOAT of College Football Coaches.

I remember Ray Perkins was generally despised even though he had a winning record... He replaced Bear Bryant. He couldn't fill those shoes no matter what he did. I felt bad for the guy.

Ha! I felt the Saban retirement was planned as soon as i heard it... somehow i missed this article from last august on Al.com!!! He bought a >million dollar home in Palm Beach after last season. If that wasn't a clue i don't know what was! Talk about telegraphing your intentions...
--------------------------------------------------------

Alabama Football

Nick Saban buys $17.5 million property on Jupiter Island

Published: Aug. 02, 2023, 6:44 a.m.

Alabama coach Nick Saban bought a $17.5 million beachfront home on Jupiter Island in Florida this past spring, according to the Palm Beach Post.

The property is listed as a 6,200-square foot house, which was initially priced at $21.5 million. The house, which was built in 1992, was renovated in 2016 and includes six bedrooms, marble floors, a floating staircase, and floor-to-ceiling glass walls, per the report. It comes with a 40,000-pound boat lift.

Ha! I felt the Saban retirement was planned as soon as i heard it... somehow i missed this article from last august on Al.com!!! He bought a >million dollar home in Palm Beach after last season. If that wasn't a clue i don't know what was! Talk about telegraphing your intentions...
--------------------------------------------------------

Alabama Football

Nick Saban buys $17.5 million property on Jupiter Island

Published: Aug. 02, 2023, 6:44 a.m.

Alabama coach Nick Saban bought a $17.5 million beachfront home on Jupiter Island in Florida this past spring, according to the Palm Beach Post.

The property is listed as a 6,200-square foot house, which was initially priced at $21.5 million. The house, which was built in 1992, was renovated in 2016 and includes six bedrooms, marble floors, a floating staircase, and floor-to-ceiling glass walls, per the report. It comes with a 40,000-pound boat lift.
He earned every inch of it :thumbs:.
Hopefully he can relax and be happy just making an occasional Aflac commercial:).

Oh, I'm proud for him. Boy from a small PA coal town retires to Palm Beach... couldn't make up a better story. And he didn't earn money making shady business deals in an office. He earned it standing on a sideline in front of thousands.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he decided some time ago that this would be his last season. I would expect he did a lot of soul searching, and had lengthy discussions at least with his wife. Buying a piece of property like that is a monumental decision. Everybody had to be on board. The decision wasn't a spur of the moment thing. So will we see him on the golf course in Florida or in the TV Booth somewhere?

Watching the bama spring game on espn. Milroe looks real good, the backs look good. The top 3 receivers from last year left so, bunch of rookies at wide out. The D looks good but they always have the advantage in these type games.

Saban is on the side line. Probably to help evaluate the new crop of guys. Not going to ignore his advice.

Think I posted before… I once sat directly in front of Bart Starr, Joe namath and kenny stabler during a bama spring game. They had clip boards and were up in the stands just watching and evaluating guys. Educational for me to say the least! I listened to every word!

Edit to add... they just announced that there's 72K in attendance today. Was thinking of going to town... nope! Not now! Tuskaloosa will be a driving nightmare until tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Watching the bama spring game on espn. Milroe looks real good, the backs look good. The top 3 receivers from last year left so, bunch of rookies at wide out. The D looks good but they always have the advantage in these type games.

Saban is on the side line. Probably to help evaluate the new crop of guys. Not going to ignore his advice.

Think I posted before… I once sat directly in front of Bart Starr, Joe namath and kenny stabler during a bama spring game. They had clip boards and were up in the stands just watching and evaluating guys. Educational for me to say the least! I listened to every word!

Edit to add... they just announced that there's 72K in attendance today. Was thinking of going to town... nope! Not now! Tuskaloosa will be a driving nightmare until tomorrow afternoon.
Now that was a trio to listen too. All 3 were great in their own right

Latest posts

Back