College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tide be like:
lsufan-jpg.9256

Butt-hurt.
I guess Beck wasn't interested in having his own helicopter:bang Head:.

Well, the most important game of the year is tomorrow. Alabama vs LSU.

And I find myself (a born & bred lifelong Alabama fan), in Louisiana, surrounded by rabid LSU fans.
panic.gif

Of course, they've invited me to watch the game with 'em.
What should I do?
anim_peep.gif

I'll either get lynched or tarred & feathered depending on who wins.
HairOnFire.gif

Last edited:
Be quiet when Alabama is doing good,
Be quiet when LSU is doing good.

Go to the bathroom often and let it all out in private.

Or here.
There is much joy in mudville (swamp pun).
I stayed home and walked to the end of the driveway when the game was over.
I could hear cheering and yelling in 8 different directions at the same time.
There was even fireworks:eek:.

The bright side, I will be surrounded by completely happy people for the next month:).

Oh God Jim. PLEASE NEVER do that. The only team worse than that is notre dame.
Bama surprised me coming back, even though they could get over the hump.
Penn state lost today as well, big changes in the polls next week. My bet is:
LSU
OSU
Clemson
Ga
Al

Oklahoma could make it as well

Hmmm unfortunately I think the Big12 knocked its self out of the playoff last night with the last undefeated team in the Big12 going down last night, unless there is a big shake up in the next 2-3 weeks in the top 6 and Oklahoma wins out and wins the Big12 Championship.

I haven't had a dog in this fight for a very long time. I hope the championship game will be very good.

Clemson/Ohio State was as it should be. Did Oklahoma send their JV team? I don't think anybody expected that.

LSU is really good.

Really good QB.

I think they will or should be ranked #1.

Jim

There is much joy in mudville (swamp pun).
I stayed home and walked to the end of the driveway when the game was over.
I could hear cheering and yelling in 8 different directions at the same time.
There was even fireworks:eek:.

The bright side, I will be surrounded by completely happy people for the next month:).

via Imgflip Meme Generator

I haven't had a dog in this fight for a very long time. I hope the championship game will be very good.

Clemson/Ohio State was as it should be. Did Oklahoma send their JV team? I don't think anybody expected that.

Think Lincoln Riley missed the memo that they actually had a game that day.

I thought LSU would win their game but not by the margin they did. That was a shocker! Are SEC teams just that good compared to the rest of the conferences? Mississippi State looked pretty shabby losing to Louisville today. Florida is looking pretty good tonight, 60 seconds left, have this one in the bag.

I'm an SEC guy always and I still think LSU has the edge over Clemson unless they come in flat or over confident. Blowing out Oklahoma may be their downfall. It should be a good game regardless.

Last edited:
Truth be known I am a Pac-12 guy. Goes back to where I grew up, and that was the old WAC (Western Athletic Conference). Heaven knows they have not been a factor for several years. If they have an undefeated team they will get a token bid, but I can't remember when somebody actually was considered a true candidate for the national championship.

Now I live in SEC country, so I see it a lot. Is the SEC better? Hard to say. Maybe top to bottom; the strength of the overall conference is better. IMHO the bowl games are a good indicator. Check each conference's bowl record. That is a good indicator of the overall strength of the conference.

Yesterday Kentucky won using a wide out in the quarterback position, that was impressive.

Who the heck were the guys dressed in Texas uniforms last night? Who ever they were they put a whoopin on Utah.

Bama beat a good Michigan team today. Harbaugh got out coached by a crafty Saban. 9 Bama players sat out the game who might be going to the NFL. The only thing left were a couple of juniors and a bus load of freshman.

Auburn, what can be said but they got their battleship mouths shut by some folks in a rowboat. :D

Things are back to normal here in Bama, Auburn ended the season as losers and the Tide rolled! All is right in the Universe. ;)

Last edited:
Did all of your teams win? I didn't have any skin in the game, but did find my self rooting for Oregon, Georgia, and Alabama. How about you? Did your teams win, lose , or draw?

I'm not a bama fan, but was glad to see them beat Mich. In laws are big Mich fans. UT plays tonight, so that'll be favorite of the bowl games. I am looking forward to LSU vs Clemson as well.

Back