College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shocked to hear SC beat Clemson.

How are/did TCU and USC do today?
Major shake up in top 5 to 7 todat

TCU won big. USC/Notre Dame starts in about 10 minutes on ABC I believe.

A&M beat lsu... have got to be kidding. Now they are a 3 loss team going to the sec championship. They'll be a 4 loss team when the play off starts... nope, looks like the game in atlanta will be their bowl game.

SC is whipping ND
TN was up big on Vandy when last I checked.

Yes, this is one also....
The Texas A&M aggies (daughter is an alumni) handed a big loss to the #5 team in the country, LSU, tonight.:woo hoo:

Last edited:
A&M has to be the most Jeckl and Hyde team in the country. How can you lose to Appalacian State, and beat LSU?

USC is up 11 with a minute to go, and they have the ball. It will be interesting to see who the committee decides will make the playoffs. Not much doubt about Georgia, Michigan, and TCU. After that it will be interesting.

I could put this in the Rant for the Day, but I thought this was a more appropriate place. First let me say I am now, and always have been a PAC-12 fan. I grew up with it. That is where my alma mater is. I will always love it and root for it. The SEC is my adopted home. I live here now, and I love watching SEC Football. That said, why don't we just call USC, Oklahoma West.

It is one thing for coaches to move. That always happens. People are always going to look for better opportunities, and I have no problem with that. When a coach leaves and takes half the program with him, that is just wrong. USC has a very good chance of making the playoffs and Oklahoma is a .500 team. Where would each of those teams be if all of those players stayed put? I doubt that USC would be looking at the playoffs, and Oklahoma probably would have gone to a bowl game somewhere.

This is another rant, but in a loving and respectful way. What other team in the ountry besides Alabama could go 10-2, and think it was a disappointing season. They have set the bar so high, and achieved so much. Kudos to Nick Saban for continued excellence.

I hate the transfer portal and the NIL crap. Just gettin a step closer to the pros. The althles are already getting a full ride scholorship which amounts to big money in itself.
Coaches making millions a year is wrong too, then getting paid for years after getting fired. So much wrong with all that. USC this year is really just the first biggie to show up. Just hold on to your hat, there will be many more.

Coaches making millions a year is wrong too, then getting paid for years after getting fired.

It is easy to look up, but in 40 of the 50 states the highest paid State Employee is either the Head Football coach or the Head Basketball coach. The rest are either college presidents or Med School deans.

You think the emphasis is a little misplaced?

Caught the very end of the K State-TCU game in Arlington, TX, it was on the radio when I pulled into the Walmart parking lot, lol... I actually sat in my car for a few moments to listen to the thrilling OT finish! K State held the TCU Horned Frogs at the goal line, or darned near it, then went on to score the game-winning FG. Pretty good game, though I would've picked TCU to win it, lol. Meh, sooner or later I'll buy an app that lets me get football on my TV, maybe next season, lol. :rolleyes:

The TCU game was great! GA is rolling. Lsu is playing inspired ball at times but they've never mounted a serious challenge.

The TCU game was great! GA is rolling. Lsu is playing inspired ball at times but they've never mounted a serious challenge.
Dammit! I missed college football today!
81066-brickwall100.gif

I should be spanked. :(

It will be interesting to see how the playoffs shape up. TCU had a very close loss to a very good team. I think they will still make the playoffs. I was happy to see USC lose. I think their playoff hopes are gone. Ohio State may jump back into the top 4, so an Ohio State/Michigan rematch may be in the picture. Georgia, and Michigan are probably a lock.

Ohio State may jump back into the top 4, so an Ohio State/Michigan rematch may be in the picture.

Geez, I gotta go through that again? LOL

CFB Smack Talk:
Basketball has polluted the airwaves :mad:.
I look on TV and lots of great college teams playing:woo hoo:.
...none are football!gaah
Down to watching Army vs Navy:(. (which has turned out to be a great game) :thumbs:

CFB Smack Talk:
Basketball has polluted the airwaves :mad:.
I look on TV and lots of great college teams playing:woo hoo:.
...none are football!gaah
Down to watching Army vs Navy:(. (which has turned out to be a great game) :thumbs:
Wow! Double secret probation overtime. I don’t care for football (or most organized sports) but that was an exciting ending.

We will have a dry spell for a couple of weeks, Sorry, I have no use for Basketball at any level, even though my alma mater is pretty respectable. I didn't get to see any of the Army/Navy game, but if it went two overtimes it must have been good.

What do you all think of the portal and the NCAA rules on transfers? I will hold my opinion until others have had a chance to weigh in.

Once everyone had finally had enough of the old bowl system and sports writers picking rankings... A playoff system was the only viable answer. So...

College ball is going to be minor league for the nfl. Yep, agree the transfer portal is nothing but free agency by another name.

The day of kids just playing ball is over... too much money involved. :cry:

I fear they'll kill what makes college ball great...

What it is doing is making the smaller schools and weaker programs the farm system or the minor leagues for the bigger schools and stronger programs. My brother has a friend who is a sportswriter. He said the first day the portal opened this year there were 1100 applicants. These were not kids who were riding the bench, or not getting playing time. These were kids looking to upgrade their situation. It is so wrong. The NCAA has to put a stop to it.

Once everyone had finally had enough of the old bowl system and sports writers picking rankings... A playoff system was the only viable answer. So...

I am pretty sure Division 1 College Football is the only NCAA sport that does not have a playoff system. Every other sport, men and women, have playoff systems.

College ball is going to be minor league for the nfl. Yep, agree the transfer portal is nothing but free agency by another name.

The day of kids just playing ball is over... too much money involved. :cry:

I fear they'll kill what makes college ball great...
We are guilty too. (us Alabama folks)
I will never forget seeing the video before a big game, of 2 helicopters hovering over the field in Tuscaloosa (paid for by "alumni";);)) to dry out the field.
Since I know about those, it cost ~$6,000/hour to run each one of those.

A report came out this week that our area high school players can start getting NIL money now.
WTH

It will be the end of amateir sports as we know it.

Latest posts

Back