College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember right... several sec coaches were in a promoting Vaxx commercial. I know saban was along with ga and the ole miss guy. Seems like Leech was also but I'm not 100% sure.

A sec channel special comes on at 9pm cst "remembering mike leech". They give what details they have I'm sure.

Has everyone heard about Mike Leech? Coach at Ms st? Fell dead, heart issue at 61yrs old.

I saw that he was rushed to the hospital with health issues. The health issues were not disclosed. I did not know he had passed away. That is sad. He seemed like a very good coach, and a very good person. One of the true "characters" in college football, but all in a good way. Prayers for all of his friends and family, and for the school. It was a shock to all of us.

If I remember right... several sec coaches were in a promoting Vaxx commercial. I know saban was along with ga and the ole miss guy. Seems like Leech was also but I'm not 100% sure.

Nick Saban in a vaxxer commercial? Really? Well, if that's true, there goes all my respect... :(

Nick Saban in a vaxxer commercial? Really? Well, if that's true, there goes all my respect... :(
It gave me pause too. Thinking about it... in his situation, how could he not support it that first year. That's when all students were Karens and the blm crap was raging on campuses every where. He got very silent by the following winter.

Arkansas won in triple overtime!!! Sorry I switched games now but it looked like razorbacks in a cake walk well into the 4th quarter. Saw the last two OT periods.

Arkansas won in triple overtime!!! Sorry I switched games now but it looked like razorbacks in a cake walk well into the 4th quarter. Saw the last two OT periods.

I watched about as much as you did, but what was your opinion of the call at the end of the second overtime? Kansas did not score, but got another chance when Targeting was called. I thought it was a horrible call. The kid led with his shoulder. The quarterback was initiating the hit. When I see calls like that I think the fix is in. IMHO Arkansas had something taken away from them. Horrible job by the officials. That is when I turned it off.

I watched about as much as you did, but what was your opinion of the call at the end of the second overtime? Kansas did not score, but got another chance when Targeting was called. I thought it was a horrible call. The kid led with his shoulder. The quarterback was initiating the hit. When I see calls like that I think the fix is in. IMHO Arkansas had something taken away from them. Horrible job by the officials. That is when I turned it off.
I get more disgusted by horrible calls by ref's that have no buisiness calling a game than I do a poorly played game. By my team of the opponent

There have been a lot of badly called games this year, clear bias by the refs and their crews. Far more than in past years, seems to me anyway. The ncaa needs to start addressing the bad calls publicly. If they remain silent we know the fix is in and that it will continue.

Today's FL state game is another barn burner... great football by both teams.

There have been a lot of badly called games this year, clear bias by the refs and their crews. Far more than in past years, seems to me anyway. The ncaa needs to start addressing the bad calls publicly. If they remain silent we know the fix is in and that it will continue.

Today's FL state game is another barn burner... great football by both teams.

What makes it even harder to take is that they have the benefit of Instant Replay, and they can discuss the call before making a ruling. I tried to look the rule up, and just got confused at a higher level. It sounds to me like the call is made by the replay official and not on the field. Why are the officials on the field looking at the video if they have no input on the call?

Every time I turned on the game it seemed that Clemson had the ball. I was rooting for Tennessee the whole way. Glad to see they won. Nice way to end a very good season.

Best is over 20 years. I'm happy, just didn't expect it with all the people we had out

You were not alone. There are a ton of kids who are not playing in bowl games, so they won't risk injury before the draft. IMHO it is a travesty. No loyalty to the team or to the school. It is all about money.

Congrats Bac… The time of possession had me missing parts of the game. The final season of “better call saul” was on, I kept flipping back and forth wondering “when the heck did tn score?” All I saw was clemson with the ball. The score didn't make sense! Sort of like the show "wagon train", always traveling, never get anywhere.

Proud for them. I’m not the average bama fan. I root for bama 1st but also for any school in the state against ?. Then for the sec, especially in bowl games, gotta represent the sec! Playing against non conference and proven teams.

LoL, don’t mind seeing alcorn or kent state rough up a few sec teams occasionally during the season. Even bama, keeps everybody honest.

----------------------

How was the officiating? I wasn't watching close enough to notice?

Refs called 2 to 1 against UT. 1st half Pass interference was called on almost every incomplete pass. Non called on Clemson. 2nd half was very different, almost no penalties.
I actually thought it was a good ballgame overall. Clemson has talented players

Watching the Sugar Bowl and seeing Kansas State play for over 10 minutes straight without scoring, was stunning to say the least :oops:.
(There is only 15 minutes in a whole quarter)

Last edited:
Bama finished with a win thankfully. They looked impressive. K st played with passion the whole game, props to them.

Heard a stat by one of the announcers I didn't know... Bama has 12 straight seasons with 11 wins or more. Who does that? To me it says more about saban than any other stat.

But Saban is in his 70's and all good things come to an end... how many more years? 3 or 4?

So far all of these games have been what I expected. They are all very good teams playing very good football. Nice to see that both Alabama and Kansas State had full rosters. All of the super star players were there playing, which has been the exception rather than the rule this year. Ken tucky was playing without their starting quarterback.

TCU vs Michigan is a good game. 2nd half has been lots of scoring. Starting 4th quarter and could still go either way.
...And I am actually watching the game (which is high praise :rolleyes:)
Since Michigan is undefeated, if they lose, it will shake the rankings all up:oops:.

I did not see that coming... I didn't think tcu was that good, thought big blue would put them in their place. Guess tcu had a different place in mind! lol

I see jitters in the GA/Oh game so far, both sides. They'll calm down quickly.

Edit to add... I hit "post" and looked up to see Oh score, plenty calm.

Michigan never had a consistent run game. TCU did. Completely opposite as how they normally play.
OSU vs Ga is back and forth near halftime
...And I am actually watching the game (which is high praise :rolleyes:)
Since Michigan is undefeated, if they lose, it will shake the rankings all up:oops:. [they did]

Well let's see now.... If Michigan and Georgia don't finish the season 'undefeated' where does that leave the rankings? :dunno:

I was thinking about the final rankings last night during the UT game. Michigan losing and bama winning sure changes the landscape.

54 seconds left in the Ga game and they have the lead. My guess if this holds, OSU drops to 6 or 7. Bama moves up to 3, Michigan drops to 4 or 5. UT 4 or 5.

Latest posts

Back