College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this post is breathing again so I will comment, only because Michigan is 2-0, and Ohio lost to Oregon. I don't get paid either way, but always a Wolverine fan.
Living in Utah now so kinda bummed that the Utes lost to BYU. Again, doesn't make me money either way but the in state rivalry (and my ex is LDS) makes me sad Utah lost.
Enjoy your games everyone. Here's hoping Michigan has a decent year.

I was not surprised Missouri lost to Kentucky. Missouri was unimpressive in their first win, and IMHO the Defense and the Quarterback are suspect. I think they are a .500 team at best. The SEC did do well although Texas A&M barely beat Colorado. Is Colorado good or is A&M overrated?

Waiting to hear from Spikedriver. This was his Super Bowl weekend, although I am not sure who he was rooting for; Iowa or Iowa State.

I have always been a PAC-12 fan. Still am. I was happy to see Oregon beat Ohio State. It is fun to watch when you don't have any skin in the game.

Vandy won, for the first time in my memory Vandy came from behind and won with seconds left. They were actually up by 2 touchdowns early in the 3rd after a disastrous first half (typical vandy). But had managed to throw away the game in the 4th quarter, also typical of vandy. I thought it was over but they actually came back.

I've rooted for Vandy since I was a kid. They are the ultimate "underdog" team of the SEC. No matter how badly they are being beaten by the rest of the sec they still show up and play. I give them props for that.

Anyway, as a conference, 12wins and 2losses isn't a bad Saturday.

Saw some great college ball today. There were a few SEC blowouts, heard TN and MO won big along with AK. GA won, no surprise there along with TxAm and LSU. LSU has been looking poor but they have 5 star athletes, it showed today.

Only a little disappointed Auburn lost to PennSt, it’s a cross state thing.

Poor Vandy! Yes, Vandy lost, again… they are sort of like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. SC and MssT lost but it looks like Ole Ms is going to win big.

Then the big one this afternoon, Two big boys slugging it out. I was a little surprised that Florida could run with Bama, their guys were just as fast as ours. FL wanted it very badly, that’s what I saw. They gave it all and it was almost enough.

Bama was strong early, looked good. When the Gators came charging back Bama kept doing just enough. They were sorely tested by a great team.

The irony is that the whole game hinged on a missed extra point.

Last edited:
Missouri played a cream puff. If it wasn't a blow out they would be in serious trouble. Alabama/Florida was fun to watch. Looks like everything is headed toward an Alabama/Georgia showdown.

Watched the last 3 quarters of Bama/Fl. It was a much better game than I expected. Haven't saw a team run on Bama like that in a long time. Next week in the swamp ain't gonna be fun

Today’s college games have been interesting. Auburn got their butts kicked for 55minutes by Georgia ST. But, the last 5 minutes decided the game. This is what great athletes can do, that won the game for Auburn. They didn’t really play better, just had a couple guys step up late in the game.

A&M got beat by Arkansas! Go Hogs! This is nice to see. They’ve had great programs through the years but the last few have looked like they belong in the PAC instead of the SEC. It’s been years since they have had a coach that fit, haven't beaten a top 10 team since 2016… Hopefully things have changed in Fayetteville.

Bama, they got embarrassed by the Gators last week. It shows today. They are up 42/7 at the half. They are focused and playing real Bama ball, looked great! Florida exposed a defensive weakness last week. Southern MS exploited the same weakness and got them 7 points. Passes to the tightend causes Bama problems.

update - Bama up 49/7, end of 3rd.

NC State beat Clemson for the first time in 9 years! Folks are losing their minds in the Carolina’s.

Kentucky looks stronger than South Carolina (at the half)

FL TN… TN has played pretty good but FL is just better. No surprises here. TN was up early. The way FL played last week against Bama… they left everything on the field, physically, emotionally… Today it took a couple of quarters for FL to get their heads straight.

GA walked over ________ (fill in the blank), poor Vandy, 62-0.

And MO let one slip through their fingers, they had it won! But BC just wanted it more.

MS sT lost… another heartbreaker. LSU won with better athletes again.

West Virginia/Oklahoma, tied at 14 at the moment. WV has looked good.

I think Ole Miss has a by week.

Just caught the OT between Clemson and St. Bet that was a good game. Clemson fans are losing their minds this year.
Saw Ga killed Vandy, no shocker there.
Been watching UT/Fl. Much better game than I expected at halftime. We could have had the lead. Coach made some bone head calls late in the half and cost them 2-3 plays. 2nd half Fl QB is running all over UT. UT still played better than I expected in this game. Hopefully things are starting to turn around. Been way too long since UT has even been respectable.

Cincinnati is making a statement this year. They are not a power conference school. Unless they go on a losing streak they will be part of the playoff discussion.

Ole Miss scored 3 Td's on Bama, all late in the game. Lots of backups were in the game for the last 2. Kiffin got them those, they were whipped an knew it.

Kentucky is up by 10 on FL, 8min left. I don't see that score holding.

Did anyone else see what Nix of auburn just did? amazing...

Worst thing lsu could have let happen, fire spreads at auburn.

Backpacker, you get the bragging rights this year, my friend. I don't think we will have much to cheer about. Kentucky/Florida was a heck of a game. The SEC is definitely the cream of the crop.

Bama is playing Texas A&M tonight at 7:00 pm.
Tough game for me to watch. Daughter is a Texas A&M alumni and I am a born Tide fan.
The good news: I can root for both teams. :p
The bad news: one of my favorite teams will lose.:(

I just watched one heck of a ballgame... Ole Miss and Arkansas... I'll refrain from posting the score for folks watching later! But it was a great game!

Lots of really good games this week, and some big surprises. Alabama/A&M; Ole Miss/Arkansas; Penn State/Iowa; Georgia/Auburn. Oklahoma/Texas. Great weekend if you are a College Football fan.

Only surprise to me out of those was A&M and Bama. Didn't see that coming. UT has looked good last 2 games. But fixing to hit the meat of the schedule and injuries are piling up on a short roster. Georgia looks to be the real deal. Ky looked good too

Oklahoma/Texas surprised me as well. Especially when Texas got out to such a big lead. IMHO when top 20 teams are playing there isn't a whole lot of difference. Anybody can beat anybody. Sure, Alabama and Clemson have been better than the rest the last few years. This year Georgia seems to have that spot, but all the rest are pretty close. A 17 beating a 14 isn't a huge upset. I think in the Iowa/Penn State game they were 3 and 4. Makes it fun to watch. :popcorn:

Only surprise to me out of those was A&M and Bama. Didn't see that coming. UT has looked good last 2 games. But fixing to hit the meat of the schedule and injuries are piling up on a short roster. Georgia looks to be the real deal. Ky looked good too
A friend of mine was surprised. Fell asleep before it was over and just knew Bama won!

I had a feeling before the Bama game even started... hate when I'm right. They looked pitiful, all aspects of the game. Playing that way, they deserved a good butt kicking. The game reminded me of playing at A&M when Johnny Manzele was there, got our butts kicked that day also. Everything we did was wrong and everything they did was right.

But yeah, great games everywhere... Iowa was amazing. The Texas game will be on tv sometime this week, I'll watch it hopefully.

Auburn didn't have a wild fire, they were soundly beaten. Shame about LSU, they looked really bad.

I was busy all day and missed parts of various games I was trying to watch. At one point 5 games were on and I wanted to see all of them. I like how they replay them on the sec, acc, fox1 and espn2 channels all the next week.

Had my excitement for the day... Saw the Bama team buses while in Tuscaloosa. They were leaving for Starkville. They play at MS State this evening.

al gm day 02 a.JPG

Had my excitement for the day... Saw the Bama team buses while in Tuscaloosa. They were leaving for Starkville. They play at MS State this evening.

View attachment 73875
Thanks! Didn't know they were playing today.
Took me a while to find it, it's on channel 206 :dunno: on DirectTV at 6:pm, unlike the usual big networks.

Back