Completely frustrated

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
On top of all the other issues the Kid has she was just diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis. Now they want me to eliminate all wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, tomatoes, nuts, seafood and some I can't remember right now. She already can't have most fruits because of her other digestive issues.. Now I have to search out food she can eat.

Terri, that’s a tough road. I hope you can find a support group, or go with a second opinion, or something to help you along.
Keep it simple. So many rabbit holes to get into. Prayers you’ll be able to find what will work for her very soon so she can get the relief she needs.
A few different people I know started using pasta (and flour) from Italy and they can now eat spaghetti and other things again. Just sayin’.

Thanks ya'll. I think I read every label in the store today. The one thing she asked for they didn't have, chicken. I knew wheat, eggs and soy were in practically everything but I didn't think it actually in everything.. she laughed when I got home because I bought one of every kind of non dairy/nut/soy milk they had.

That’s a difficult situation. But I believe you will figure out what works and get into a routine. It’s so difficult to learn new things and to find what you can and can’t use.
Not to mention having to fix different foods at meal time. And try to make everyone happy.

Back