Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bringing the thread back on track. Has anybody noticed that MeerKat has not posted lately? I don't think I have missed her posts and I did check her profile (?) to look for her last post, I think it was last Saturday or Sunday. Maybe somebody can get in touch with her and see if all is well.

Bringing the thread back on track. Has anybody noticed that MeerKat has not posted lately? I don't think I have missed her posts and I did check her profile (?) to look for her last post, I think it was last Saturday or Sunday. Maybe somebody can get in touch with her and see if all is well.

She does that sometimes. She'll post frantically for awhile and then take a break for a few days; sometimes longer. She'll be back. :)

I hope all is okay at her house and she's just having a bit of off line life. We have reached out to the members that have not been around for awhile letting them know they are missed.

This so refreshing to know that folks are missed even by those we've never met face to face and not just forgotten in cyberspace!!

Has anyone emailed Redbeard?

He never responded to my PMs,
So I'm assuming he is not on the computer.

If I had a phone #, I'd call him.
When we were trying to let our friends know from our old hangout know about where we were and how to join us, I wished we had more information about each other, we were so much about OPSEC there, I didn't know anyone's real name, let alone email or address. I know that admins and moderators didn't really have a chance to grab much information either. Let us hope that situation never happens again, and that we can feel safer knowing more about each other here.

When we were trying to let our friends know from our old hangout know about where we were and how to join us, I wished we had more information about each other, we were so much about OPSEC there, I didn't know anyone's real name, let alone email or address. I know that admins and moderators didn't really have a chance to grab much information either. Let us hope that situation never happens again, and that we can feel safer knowing more about each other here.

What about some sort of list on us, like name (first) email and maybe a phone number, and only a strict few have accesses to this for when someone isn't on for a certain amount of time, so say 1 weeks time, a email goes out, 2 weeks a second email (incase junk mail catches it), and 4th week a phone call. well something like that. just a thought and it will be voluntary of course.

Rather than have a central file, if you choose to participate, select 2 to 4 people to exchange contact information with. If the site sells, gets taken down, or other calamity befalls us then we have an off site way to reassemble the family.

Rather than have a central file, if you choose to participate, select 2 to 4 people to exchange contact information with. If the site sells, gets taken down, or other calamity befalls us then we have an off site way to reassemble the family.
In the process of finding members from the old hangout, I learned names of people I would never have known otherwise.

Another thought would be for a couple people who would be willing to be holders of this information, so that if someone wants to get a hold of someone, there is an option to get it. Not everyone would be interested, and that is okay.

The problem with a previous site is that the admin had the only access and the mods were summarily defrocked. I suggest that each member decide who has their contact information. A decentralized approach prevents one person or a small group from holding the group hostage.

Everyone is free to give your contact information to anyone that you want to have it. It's a good idea. But, I'd rather it not be out in the open as spammers and worse could use it. As to Admin having access, it will stay that way as occasionally I have to use emails to verify someone asking for their password to be reset, etc.
I do understand the nervousness after things everyone has been through, but I'm not giving out the information. So, if you want someone/s else to know how to contact you, give them your information.

Everyone is free to give your contact information to anyone that you want to have it. It's a good idea. But, I'd rather it not be out in the open as spammers and worse could use it. As to Admin having access, it will stay that way as occasionally I have to use emails to verify someone asking for their password to be reset, etc.
I do understand the nervousness after things everyone has been through, but I'm not giving out the information. So, if you want someone/s else to know how to contact you, give them your information.

That makes sense, Angie. Thx!

Whatever happened to Naekid? And....where is Austin?

I was on a site for almost 14 years that closed down a couple years ago. A couple on on youtube , musicians and some on another site. Only one is MIA and hope he is ok.

Latest posts

Back