Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admins have access to the emails you originally signed in with. I recently sent an email to a beloved member who had fallen off the forum for no reason. I received a wonderful email from his wife that the member passed away from cancer. This was my 3rd or 4th response advising me the member has died. It tears me up every time.
Would you email Lazy L and check on him.
I can't get his email?

Jim

I will have to remember to update my email address here. Usually when I sign up on a new forum, I give one of my spam-sucker email addresses. These are real email addresses, and I can read messages, but they have a specific purpose and are read infrequently. Once a forum (or a merchant) has proven reliable and non-spamming, then I can update my email address on file to my "secondary" email address. I never give my main personal email address to anybody except friends and family. But my secondary email address is quickly scanned every day too, so that is a reasonable way to get ahold of me.

I can't remember if this forum has been advanced from "spam-sucker" to the more dignified "secondary" email. Sometimes I forget to do the update. I'll go check...

[edit] Ahhh, how nice. I found that homesteadingforum.org had already advanced from spam-sucker to secondary some time in the past. :) [/edit]

It has been nearly a month since @Sewingcreations15 was here, as far as I can tell. Has anyone heard from her?
I did a while before Christmas. I think they are okay~ Hubby's recovery is slow, but he is improving. It sounds like they just have their hands full - got a little behind their normal schedule while he was in hosp. so trying to "catch up." If she doesn't pop in within the next couple weeks, I can send another email just to check in on them.

Sentry went from one of the most active posters to missing overnight.
Maybe he has collected enough intelligence on all of us he doesn't need to spy now.
Or maybe he went back to work for that super-secret organization and they won't let him post.
I always suspected he was a double naught spy. ;)
I do miss his posts and hope he gets back here soon.

I am not sure but I think it is a Biden quote... ;)

@Patchouli and @LadyLocust I am here and sorry for the absence.

We have had up to 3 medical appointments a week here and were asked to help with the RSL Christmas function as well as ground maintenance a couple of times too. Both of us were just plum exhausted and then had to catch up with mowing and maintenance around the home here too.

Pleased to say we have not had a medical appointment since just before Christmas so are reasonably caught up with most work around here in between DH's good and bad days.

Thank you @Patchouli :huggs:. It has been a long hard road for DH and he is still very weak but getting stronger with rehab and exercises we are doing at home.

DH's PTSD hit the roof and he was also suffering from severe anxiety and full bodied hallucinations. I am please to say he is doing a lot better with the hallucinations gone thank goodness and he is more settled. They have him on new medication and he has now started sleeping after a month of only having a few hours sleep a night which wasn't helping his recovery at all.

The hospital want him down for more scans as they are still worried about him. Most of the medical appointments we have had are all 130km round trip from home so we have been on the road a lot.

Good news is I think I am getting much fitter doing lots more yard work and mowing so we can get things done :).

@Sewingcreations15 that sounds like it was a very tough experience for you both to go through and continues to keep you both busy in his recovery at home, your property chores, and appointments far away. You seem to have a lot of energy and strength. I don't know how you do it. I collapse when I get home from work sometimes.
Even though your DH is still recovering, all now seems right in the world, now that you are back. (Well, not really since there are a lot of very disconcerting events going on in this country. It goes on and on).
Now if we could just get @Weedygarden to stick around.

Thank you and it was @Patchouli and lots of sleep helps when you are feeling tired. One night I slept for 12 hours but felt better for it :) . I have to do all the driving as DH has not got the doctor's all clear but I am giving him 15 minute or less time driving and then he pulls up and I take over.

Yes not good everywhere at the moment and a difficult time in the States with a new president and not knowing what is ahead along with a lot of Covid there.

Hope Weedy returns shortly and she and family are okay.

Latest posts

Back