Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the process of finding members from the old hangout, I learned names of people I would never have known otherwise.

Another thought would be for a couple people who would be willing to be holders of this information, so that if someone wants to get a hold of someone, there is an option to get it. Not everyone would be interested, and that is okay.

Good idea, members we have known for a long time like you. A lot of members from old sites we came to trust over the years.

The problem with a previous site is that the admin had the only access and the mods were summarily defrocked. I suggest that each member decide who has their contact information. A decentralized approach prevents one person or a small group from holding the group hostage.

This sounds good to me. :thumbs up:

Venom Jockey and Redbeard seen lately?

I don't know about Redbeard but Venom Jockey is having some internet connection problems. The new place for Pess has very poor internet, they were trying to use Hugesnet but that was a very hit and miss proposition. I hope they get it fixed soon. I miss picking on them.

I don't know about Redbeard but Venom Jockey is having some internet connection problems. The new place for Pess has very poor internet, they were trying to use Hugesnet but that was a very hit and miss proposition. I hope they get it fixed soon. I miss picking on them.

Ok, thanks TMT.

Also notice TsyWivey and a couple others from the old place don't post much. [ I know I got Wivey name wrong.]

He got jumped on about posts?

Double R: I did make several replies to his posts. I tried to make them non-threating. I did express that I did not feel it was a good idea to disparage his wife on an open forum. I also suggested he should work out his marital problems off line and not point his finger at somebody not available to defend their position. I don't and did not feel it was jumping him but so be it. It is appropriate to ask about a martial problem but it should be asked in a manner that does not belittle somebody. If your spouse has a spending problem then ask about how to setup a budget. If your spouse has a weight problem, then ask about diets. Sorry if he may have felt threatened by these types of replies. I don't advocate for the loss of any member nor do I try to silence any member. If somebody want agreements, then they should stick to a liberal forum where they all just nod their heads. This is a free speaking forum and the only way we can acquire knowledge is to learn from each others input. You learn nothing new if you only talk to people who agree with your point of view. That is just my opinion.

Double R: I did make several replies to his posts. I tried to make them non-threating. I did express that I did not feel it was a good idea to disparage his wife on an open forum. I also suggested he should work out his marital problems off line and not point his finger at somebody not available to defend their position. I don't and did not feel it was jumping him but so be it. It is appropriate to ask about a martial problem but it should be asked in a manner that does not belittle somebody. If your spouse has a spending problem then ask about how to setup a budget. If your spouse has a weight problem, then ask about diets. Sorry if he may have felt threatened by these types of replies. I don't advocate for the loss of any member nor do I try to silence any member. If somebody want agreements, then they should stick to a liberal forum where they all just nod their heads. This is a free speaking forum and the only way we can acquire knowledge is to learn from each others input. You learn nothing new if you only talk to people who agree with your point of view. That is just my opinion.

How I described the situation might be wrong. I just looked for the most recent posts by him, and did not find the particular thread that I thought was the last for Skittles. He might have edited out his posts or deleted them. I remember some of that happening at the end. It may have been exactly this one, but I couldn't find what I was looking for there. It has been long enough that I don't remember the topic. It will take more research.

I thought that the comments that I read about the recommendations for Skittles and about his wife made by members were right on. He seemed to need some guidance in solving his frustrations about his marriage and what was recommended to him was exactly what he would have heard from a counselor, I thought. Skittles seemed to be frustrated in his marriage and looking for validation of his comments. TMT, you were right about him needing to take his marital problems to his wife.

I hope Skittles finds what he needs. I enjoyed some of his posts and topics.

Last edited:
I hope these come back. I know I've not been around to comment too much, and I'm sorry for that. I try to not be online much at least one weekend day, and today was that.

I'm sure the team and I will try to find out about the missing ones.

Latest posts

Back