Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he lived in Hong Kong. They had property in Michigan. He was a chef if I remember right. He posted from michigan a couple times, don't remember if he was on vacation or the exact circumstance.

But they should have relocated by now according to his posts. Maybe covid and china messed up all their plans.

I think he lived in Hong Kong. They had property in Michigan. He was a chef if I remember right. He posted from michigan a couple times, don't remember if he was on vacation or the exact circumstance.

But they should have relocated by now according to his posts. Maybe covid and china messed up all their plans.
I thought it was Hong Kong. It would be a great time to NOT be living in Hong Kong. But, IMHO, there would never be a good time to live there.

I think "Hardcalibres" has bugged'out to the hither'boonies.

..Do you know something we don't?

..Given his Mil-background / connections, the more Apt question is 'What might HC know that we don't... Yet..' :oops:

Missing Aerindel's thought-provoking 'counterpunches', as well.. ;) Indeed, 'The pendulum must swing Both ways before it is brought to rest in the Middle'... :cool:

jd

..Given his Mil-background / connections, the more Apt question is 'What might HC know that we don't... Yet..' :oops:

Missing Aerindel's thought-provoking 'counterpunches', as well.. ;) Indeed, 'The pendulum must swing Both ways before it is brought to rest in the Middle'... :cool:
Aerindel got a bit heavy on some of the things people were saying about Alec
Baldwin, they were just expressing their opinions, no one was being offensive and I saw no reason to be heavy handed and as things are turning out, Baldwin may end up with some law suites against him, anyway, what was said doesn't seem to far off the mark.

jd
Funny you mention the pendulum. I say that (or a variation of it) on occasion. I've been saying for a few years, we've gone way past center and are hitting the tilt alarm.

Speaking of pendulum reminds me of the 1961 movie "The Pit and the Pendulum".

Last edited:

jd
Aerindel, oh my, I knew someone was missing!! Didn't always agree, but liked the opinion!!

What ever happened to Justin76?

Also, Guardian (where ever you are), I hope you come back. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Angie, thank you for the concern.

I miss Guardian's posts!

Pearl, thank you as well.

Guardian!
(someone email him, please)

Amish, to you as well I say thanks.

I miss him too.
Justin as well. He's been gone a while

Justin seems to have disappeared after his complaints about where he was and where he was moving to. I hope he is well. Thanks for the thoughts Bacpacker.

I just sent him an email. Let's see what transpires.

Havasu, thanks for the conversation and discussion in our emails. You know my thoughts on the matter.

You should try PMing him ??? Maybe that would help.
Still no word from @Tank-Girl :confused:

LadyLocust, thank you to you as well.

Onward to the crux of the matter. Watching and conversing here got to a point that I had to step back and take a break. I have been reading the forums to some extent but only as a visitor and with that some areas I could not read nor respond to. Having said that I simply could no longer post in a fashion that I deemed appropriate. I have very strong beliefs and I am more than willing to give others the same latitude as we all often take things in a different context. I have seen it in recent days where a couple team up to discredit or vilify or call out different beliefs and it pains me to see that. I was starting to become that person and I will not.

Not to go political but bear with me briefly. I could give a rats behind what party you belong to. What I DO care about is the country I live in. The one soldiers have fought and died for. The families that sacrificed so much to defend our way of life. Those that are on the "front lines" that get zero respect. This could become a list in itself and that is not the point. There are so many things in play right now in my opinion. The destruction of our country by both foreign and domestic.

Anyway, while silent, I have never left and doubt I ever will. I'm not sure what posts I will make for now as I am taking in whatever information I can and processing it for awhile before responding.

Thank you all. Anyway its nice to be welcome here. Enough of my rambling for now. You might regret that... :peace:

Justin seems to have disappeared after his complaints about where he was and where he was moving to. I hope he is well. Thanks for the thoughts Bacpacker.

Havasu, thanks for the conversation and discussion in our emails. You know my thoughts on the matter.

Onward to the crux of the matter. Watching and conversing here got to a point that I had to step back and take a break. I have been reading the forums to some extent but only as a visitor and with that some areas I could not read nor respond to. Having said that I simply could no longer post in a fashion that I deemed appropriate. I have very strong beliefs and I am more than willing to give others the same latitude as we all often take things in a different context. I have seen it in recent days where a couple team up to discredit or vilify or call out different beliefs and it pains me to see that. I was starting to become that person and I will not.

Not to go political but bear with me briefly. I could give a rats behind what party you belong to. What I DO care about is the country I live in. The one soldiers have fought and died for. The families that sacrificed so much to defend our way of life. Those that are on the "front lines" that get zero respect. This could become a list in itself and that is not the point. There are so many things in play right now in my opinion. The destruction of our country by both foreign and domestic.

Anyway, while silent, I have never left and doubt I ever will. I'm not sure what posts I will make for now as I am taking in whatever information I can and processing it for awhile before responding.

Thank you all. Anyway its nice to be welcome here. Enough of my rambling for now. You might regret that... :peace:
There are topics that I cannot engage in and often there are threads that I do not even read. We have to do what works for us. I have a friend whose political opinions have driven her away from being invited to family gatherings. Just because we have an opinion, doesn't mean we have to talk about it at every gathering we go to.

Glad you are with us💗

Perhaps, I can understand that perspective, but.. We're all Survivalists, here, aren't We? :cool: (..Something about 'Sticks and Stones' goes here, I think... :)

jd
I strive to not be thin skinned, but it bothers me when someone gets unduly hammered. I was bullied most of my school years but as it turns out, most of those bullies died young and a number were killed in accidents, to which I feel sorry for them, probably never had an enjoyable life.

Back