Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. :green man:

I'm still above ground. Thanks for the email @Angie

My first year in my new life was spent living in the real world. Did a lot of traveling to music festivals and a few concerts. When I was home and not working I was playing locally at Open Mic's and open jams. I had almost forgotten how much I enjoy making music and have spent most of my free time doing it. I don't spend much time online anymore except at this time of year.

This winter has been a tough one. Not because of the weather. We haven't had a plowable snow yet this season.

My dad got sick in October, went in the hospital in mid December and passed over to the great woodworking shop in the sky in mid January. I've basically been living with my mom since he went in the hospital. She lives about 100 miles north of me. I'm back home now but will be going up on a regular basis to help her adjust to her new life. They were married 62 years.

Being a family of musicians, 4 of us decided to play him a farewell song at the funeral and someone recorded it. Let's see if I remember how to do this.

Very nice Joe.Sorry for your loss,it is hard to lose a parent and it takes awhilr till i really hits us.Keeping you in praywrs and thoughts.

Last edited:

My dad got sick in October, went in the hospital in mid December and passed over to the great woodworking shop in the sky in mid January. I've basically been living with my mom since he went in the hospital. She lives about 100 miles north of me. I'm back home now but will be going up on a regular basis to help her adjust to her new life. They were married 62 years.

I understand what you've been going through, both my parents have had major issues since the first week of November. At one point they were in the same hospital across the hall from each other. Thankfully both are still with me but we had to move dad to a "home" last week...

My heart goes out for your situation... :(

My first year in my new life was spent living in the real world. Did a lot of traveling to music festivals and a few concerts. When I was home and not working I was playing locally at Open Mic's and open jams. I had almost forgotten how much I enjoy making music and have spent most of my free time doing it. I don't spend much time online anymore except at this time of year.

This winter has been a tough one. Not because of the weather. We haven't had a plowable snow yet this season.

Being a family of musicians, 4 of us decided to play him a farewell song at the funeral and someone recorded it. Let's see if I remember how to do this.

Glad to see you back on Joe.. I am sorry to hear of your fathers passing. My prayers are with you and your family. Specially your mom.

So here I sit at 77 years young and feeling pretty dang good considering that I had Congestive Heart Failure in 2018 and now I'm working the pain out of my 72 year old wife's legs and hip muscles. I realize that with the health I have, I really need to be praying for all people, so many are going through bad things, just the homelessness is horrible and frequently there are drugs involved. We have a dear friend that's legally blind, but does awesome things to the point that we don't consider her blind, anyway she has two sons and a granddaughter that are homeless, my wife's sister was homeless but living in a van in Denver, she had all kinds of physical problems and died early last year. I want everyone here to understand, though I've never met anyone face to face, I love you all and even if I don't pray for you individually, I'm sure my prays cover you all. One more thing, please realize that I am far from perfect and consider myself very sinful, yeah I look at pretty girls and talk to them often and my dear wife knows this and is very tolerant. Thing is, with all the bad stuff going on throughout the world, everyone needs prayers, even those we may have on ignore.

So here I sit at 77 years young and feeling pretty dang good considering that I had Congestive Heart Failure in 2018 and now I'm working the pain out of my 72 year old wife's legs and hip muscles. I realize that with the health I have, I really need to be praying for all people, so many are going through bad things, just the homelessness is horrible and frequently there are drugs involved. We have a dear friend that's legally blind, but does awesome things to the point that we don't consider her blind, anyway she has two sons and a granddaughter that are homeless, my wife's sister was homeless but living in a van in Denver, she had all kinds of physical problems and died early last year. I want everyone here to understand, though I've never met anyone face to face, I love you all and even if I don't pray for you individually, I'm sure my prays cover you all. One more thing, please realize that I am far from perfect and consider myself very sinful, yeah I look at pretty girls and talk to them often and my dear wife knows this and is very tolerant. Thing is, with all the bad stuff going on throughout the world, everyone needs prayers, even those we may have on ignore.
:thumbs::huggs:

Alrighty, folks. I heard back from VJ. He said, and I quote, "you have my permission to tell the Forum members I'm in a nursing home and not doing so hot." That's all he gave permission for so there ya go. 🙏
I'd advise any of you who have his email and who think kindly of him, to send him a quick email with no response necessary.

Latest posts

Back