Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alrighty, folks. I heard back from VJ. He said, and I quote, "you have my permission to tell the Forum members I'm in a nursing home and not doing so hot." That's all he gave permission for so there ya go. 🙏
I'd advise any of you who have his email and who think kindly of him, to send him a quick email with no response necessary.

Patch I'm sure he knows he has people here who care for him . I know I'll nevrr see another helicopter without thinking about VJ, tell him 'Prudence' sends thoughts and cares. He said he isn't the religious type don't know if thats changed?

Alrighty, folks. I heard back from VJ. He said, and I quote, "you have my permission to tell the Forum members I'm in a nursing home and not doing so hot." That's all he gave permission for so there ya go. 🙏
I'd advise any of you who have his email and who think kindly of him, to send him a quick email with no response necessary.
Thank you, Patchouli.
Sad. You know when your weight keeps going down and the health professionals suggest going into a home, that things are not good. If I had a mailing address, I would send him a greeting card and letter. Does anyone know it? If so, would you PM it to me?

@Weedygarden I don't want to "bother" him, but I will try to stay in touch with him and see how he feels about that (getting cards). I would not post the address openly of course.
I'm very surprised that no one else has mentioned having contacted him. It is our duty to reach out to one another, isn't it? Don't be dropping the ball, y'all.

@Weedygarden I don't want to "bother" him, but I will try to stay in touch with him and see how he feels about that (getting cards). I would not post the address openly of course.
I'm very surprised that no one else has mentioned having contacted him. It is our duty to reach out to one another, isn't it? Don't be dropping the ball, y'all.
Thank you.
I don't think posting his address here for everyone to see is necessary or the correct thing to do.
I do think it is good that we are trying to connect more personally off line. We may not meet most of the others in person, but this is a community.

Me, either, nor would I want someone to send it to me without permission or mine to someone else without permission. I have the same view about sharing cell phone numbers.
I feel the same way. If everyone has posted their email on the same private thread I may send an since all have seen them anyway but onlyto those on the thread.a

I feel the same way. If everyone has posted their email on the same private thread I may send an since all have seen them anyway but onlyto those on the thread.a
I wouldn't. If someone want's to send me their contact information I'll probably do the same in return, but only in a PM or email. I use a paid email account so I can be assured of my privacy. Love you guys but I don't tell everything over the net.

I wouldn't. If someone want's to send me their contact information I'll probably do the same in return, but only in a PM or email. I use a paid email account so I can be assured of my privacy. Love you guys but I don't tell everything over the net.

Car say you and I and a couple others here started a PM thread and we all shared our email with eachother.
We all now know each others email so if I send them a email from my email that is hard to use nobody is getting anyones email they don't already know,like a family chain email.
I hope I make it clea. Its late and I'm tired so hope I'm making sense.

That's like being loyal to an airline company that went out of business and just sitting alone in an empty abandoned hanger. 😁

I stopped in there a few weeks back looking for something. It was a ghost town. A virtual tumble weed rolled across my screen.

He posted about that quite a while ago. I will look for that comment and share a link to it here. I believe, if I remember correctly, he has also been an administrator in other forums, and felt as though it is important to stay on board. I don't necessarily agree with that, but each to their own.

I, too, go their occasionally just to see the tumble weeds, @Sentry18. It is a ghost town, and they have no one to blame but themselves! It was a great community that they were not loyal to, but the better part of the community is here now. This group will continue to grow. We have a solid core group who are here daily, and they are now fake and old news. It was good for a while, and that while is over now.

He posted about that quite a while ago. I will look for that comment and share a link to it here. I believe, if I remember correctly, he has also been an administrator in other forums, and felt as though it is important to stay on board. I don't necessarily agree with that, but each to their own.

I, too, go their occasionally just to see the tumble weeds, @Sentry18. It is a ghost town, and they have no one to blame but themselves! It was a great community that they were not loyal to, but the better part of the community is here now. This group will continue to grow. We have a solid core group who are here daily, and they are now fake and old news. It was good for a while, and that while is over now.

I think almost all of us are here now. I was really mad about not being able to givr our old buddy this address when he was very ill and passing and asking for it. Can't remember his name but there is no sense in being that mean to someone that sick and they knew it too_Otherwise they wouldn't had known what we were talking about if not easedropping.He sid he would love to knowwhere everyone is so he can join us.Maybe Captain ,not sure.

I think almost all of us are here now. I was really mad about not being able to givr our old buddy this address when he was very ill and passing and asking for it. Can't remember his name but there is no sense in being that mean to someone that sick and they knew it too_Otherwise they wouldn't had known what we were talking about if not easedropping.He sid he would love to knowwhere everyone is so he can join us.Maybe Captain ,not sure.
The one person that I remember who we know passed was Machinist. He had cancer. His daughter is a member of this group, but I don't remember her name.

Back