Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davarm? Did he even make it over here? He and Sue collaborated on at least one book together.
Yes, they did a series of great books on food preservation. Highly recommend.
I’ve not seen davarm here, and he’s not coming up as a member, at least not under that name.

Spent a few days away from forums. Got back in touch with my origin story. Felt pretty good, full of energy and peace. Got a lot done.

Then I randomly log back in and pretty much immediately I'm filled with mindless rage. I realize all reasons I used to come to forums have vanished in the last couple years. Time to stop looking for them.

Have a nice life ya'll and don't worry about me anymore.

OK, don't jump all over me. I know why he's gone. I really miss Sentry. He was a wealth of information and all around fun guy.
LOL. I won't jump all over you. It just occurred to me that maybe we need a thread just about, "Where is Sentry? Why has he gone?" He was a very active member here. He's been gone for quite a while and still has the most posts of anyone yet.

Last edited:
Spent a few days away from forums. Got back in touch with my origin story. Felt pretty good, full of energy and peace. Got a lot done.

Then I randomly log back in and pretty much immediately I'm filled with mindless rage. I realize all reasons I used to come to forums have vanished in the last couple years. Time to stop looking for them.

Spooky........."Elkhound" and I were discussing this last night.

I think that, and full expect many will go missing. It is time for that........"NOW".

Shadow of the Day
Linkin Park
I close both locks below the window,
I close both blinds and turn away,
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple,
Sometimes goodbye's the only way.

The video shows Chester Bennington waking up. His alarm clock reads 11:55, the then Doomsday Clock time, referencing the album title Minutes to Midnight and the song which is the fifth song on the album. The video is over four minutes long, meaning that the time at the end would be 11:59 PM, or one minute to midnight. Bennington then watches the news, washes up, gets dressed, and goes outside. The video takes place in a war-torn world, where mass chaos is ensuing on the streets of the city. There is a lot of violence going on with many police and gunshots. Plumes of smoke can be seen in the sky. Soldiers and riot police can be seen forcefully detaining civilians. Near the end of the video, a car is set on fire and bursts into flames as several people taking place in the riot throw molotov cocktails at police resulting in the Police Riot Control and SWAT teams opening fire and advancing while the mob of people retreat. A man suddenly throws a bottle of alcohol on a car and the car takes fire. Bennington then stands in front of the burning car, while looking at the carnage that surrounds him. He then turns towards the flames, and the video fades to black. The electronic/synth outro of the song is excluded on the video to make it a more appropriate finish. If listened to carefully towards the middle of the video, the mob is shouting 'we want freedom'.

Thanks Jim, I just said hello in a different topic.

Read the water topic he started
Yikes! I missed that, but I believe that the culture where he is very active is just like that. This is part of my greeting when he joined. It sure didn't take long to be illustrated.
I am not an active member there because there are a couple of people there who always know better than everyone else and HAVE to say so, every time. We don't have people like that here. We discuss and question each other back and forth and share ideas here with few exceptions. We are also kind to one another and if we are not, we are out. There are posts at SB that would have been gone long ago if I was an admin or moderator there, as well as the posters. There are a few people over there who truly hate one another and have to bash everything the other person says. Yuck.

I get this. There are other non-prepping reasons why I come back to this forum, but the original purpose has shifted. I’d probably be be a lot happier if I stayed out of some of the topics.

This is the best forum I've ever been on, I have no one on ignore, then again maybe that's because I'm getting older and more tolerant of others views even though I might not agree with them. Even if I really don't like what someone says, I try to answer in a kinder way, though I don't have a lot of patience for people unjustly jumping on others over subjects they may feel they are superior on. There are many here that are living out a daily survival mode, many that are above our abilities, we all need to keep our ears, eyes and hearts open to differing situations that others may offer, on the other hand that knowledge needs to be handed out in brotherly/sisterly love and never in a frame of I know best. Things I've done that are successful, I pass on to others, somethings may seem archaic, like using lead acid batteries for solar when lithium batteries are now the cat's meow, yeah I know L/A batteries don't last all that many years and take a lot of care, but they work for us in a time period we think we'll need them. My dad died at about 73 years, I've outlived him by 6 years, so far, thing is I'm just trying to keep things running around here so that I don't have to put in a lot of downtime for repairs, actually we have tried to buy the best products for our home so that we wouldn't have replace them so frequently. We've always tried to look for quality over low costs and even then failures show up, that's just how life is. Anyway, if I have offended anyone to the point of being responsible for them leaving this forum, please forgive me, I really believe this forum has some of the best people with great information and it would be a shame to leave over words, if someone offends you, there's always "Ignore" that will keep you from being upset by what they say.

Back