Concern about missing members

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you SO MUCH, all of you! And especially @dademoss for reaching out (I feel weird about stuff like that, too).

My son was doing so well with his leukemia treatments, then BAM! He's diagnosed with another form of leukemia and declared (initially) terminal. It was hard to process. Thank God he's now being given a path to life via a bone marrow transplant. While the survival numbers aren't as good as we'd like for his type of treatment (60%), and we know the road will be rough no matter which way things go, we now have hope. We have a lot of hope! He is a fighter. ❤

We don't know the timing of everything yet, and we're still pushing ahead full speed on finishing the farm house so we can put this house on the market (due to the financial fall-out from my husband's accident). We're transitioning him up to Ohio for the procedure and the foreseeable future, post-treatment. I've also been trying to stock up on supplies, as my son and I will be fairly isolated for several months after his transplant (due to his lack of an immune system during that time).

I'll pop in and out more often, as I can - I've missed our beautiful H&CL family!

Thank you SO MUCH, all of you! And especially @dademoss for reaching out (I feel weird about stuff like that, too).

My son was doing so well with his leukemia treatments, then BAM! He's diagnosed with another form of leukemia and declared (initially) terminal. It was hard to process. Thank God he's now being given a path to life via a bone marrow transplant. While the survival numbers aren't as good as we'd like for his type of treatment (60%), and we know the road will be rough no matter which way things go, we now have hope. We have a lot of hope! He is a fighter. ❤

We don't know the timing of everything yet, and we're still pushing ahead full speed on finishing the farm house so we can put this house on the market (due to the financial fall-out from my husband's accident). We're transitioning him up to Ohio for the procedure and the foreseeable future, post-treatment. I've also been trying to stock up on supplies, as my son and I will be fairly isolated for several months after his transplant (due to his lack of an immune system during that time).

I'll pop in and out more often, as I can - I've missed our beautiful H&CL family!
I am so sorry to hear that he has a new hurdle to get over. Thank you for updating us.

There you are~ good to hear from you. Prayers for your son and your family 🙏

Thanks for the update and I’m sorry you have to deal with all this stress.
will be thinking of you and your son.

Maybe we haven't been on the same threads, but it seems you haven't been around much lately. I hope all is well with you.
I haven't been around as much. Fatigue has been kicking my tail hard. I have a hard time staying awake and when I wanted to read and reply my brain wasn't cooperating.

Goshengirl, I hope the bone marrow transplant goes well for your son and that he'll make a full recovery.

Hey everyone! Making a general announcement! We all know life changes. Mine has changed radically over the last 3 years… I no longer have the time to devote to the forum I have enjoyed so much or the great people in it. I’ll be stepping way back so no worries, thought about this for a few months.

I’ve been looking for the right time. My desktop computer died last night… seems like the right time. I’ll be off line making repairs and changes for the next 10 days anyway.

I’ll pop in from time to time...

L8tr

Hey everyone! Making a general announcement! We all know life changes. Mine has changed radically over the last 3 years… I no longer have the time to devote to the forum I have enjoyed so much or the great people in it. I’ll be stepping way back so no worries, thought about this for a few months.

I’ve been looking for the right time. My desktop computer died last night… seems like the right time. I’ll be off line making repairs and changes for the next 10 days anyway.

I’ll pop in from time to time...

L8tr
If we would take a vote for the best members, you'd be at the top of the list. You are always positive, helpful, contribute great information and start great thread topics. We'll miss you. See you soon!

Special prayers to St Jude for all of you. You know we are here for you. Hoping everything works out for the best.

Latest posts

Back